2024/25 Mason Holgate

When championship sides dont take up the option to buy him you know he's on either to much money or crap. We have both here i think.
Soul destroying yesterday seeing holgate and keane still on the pitch for Everton.
Only Everton could be that backward.

Should be nowhere near the team as Keane unless there is a crisis situation. We need to be looking to the future (Patterson, Dixon, etc.) and not guys who we are letting contracts run down. Dom being the exception and even then I’m on the fence about that.

When championship sides dont take up the option to buy him you know he's on either to much money or crap. We have both here i think.
Soul destroying yesterday seeing holgate and keane still on the pitch for Everton.
Only Everton could be that backward.

Southampton fans were saying he's one of the worst players they've ever seen. I think that's why they never bought him, they cancelled a loan paying 10% or so of his wages he was that poor.

My most controversial opinion from yesterday is that he should have come on sooner. The 20 minutes after the red card where each of McNeil, Harrison and, even for a brief spell, N'Diaye filled in at right back was absolutely farcical.

Obviously, in an ideal world, we shouldn't be resorting to giving this lad any minutes in 2024, but that entire sequence which culminated in him finally bringing a defender on to fill in for Young was amateur-hour. Surely the reason Holgate was on the bench was to step in at right back in an emergency?
Agree. That sequence of events was strange. Holgate was ready to come on the 69th 2mjns after the sending off , but didn’t end up coming on till much later . Weird

I reckon he’ll get subbed off after 35 minutes when 4-0 down.
But not until he gives us one of his world class performances:
bump-into-tree-oops.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back