Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
...yes, he looks ideal for a back 3 but I also have doubts about him as a conventional CB. He might have the quality and class to manage that position, after all Ratcliffe wasn't tallest but he was built like a middleweight boxer.

There seems to be growing overtures for Matthew Pennington to be involved and many suggest he's a 'Jagielka type'. If the strategy is a flat back four, Pennington might be competition for a place. Time will tell.

Mason will be fine in a year or 2 when he fills out and maybe bulks up a little, hes got the talent, but hes a bit unpolished atm, as you would expect from a 20 year old learning the game.

...yes, he looks ideal for a back 3 and I also have doubts about him as a conventional CB. He might have the quality and class to manage that position, after all Ratcliffe wasn't tallest but he was built like a middleweight boxer.

There seems to be growing overtures for Matthew Pennington to be involved and many suggest he's a 'Jagielka type'. If the strategy is a flat back four, Pennington might be competition for a place. Time will tell.
To be fair, holgate is actually pretty tall, if I remember rightly he's 6'2 just quite lightweight.

Seen the U23 team for tonight with Holgate in the starting XI. Hope the lad is able to fight his way back into the first team, but clearly the manager has seen some red flags that have kept him on the subs bench over the past month. Had a mare against Stoke, but, if you watch the move for Bournemouth's 3rd goal when he played, he allows Afobe to roll past him with the ball on the edge of the box, which was the initial mistake whereby Arter's goal followed. Maybe Koeman has seen those two incidents and thought, he's not quite ready for a regular first team place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back