• GrandOldTeam do not endorse any ticket transaction made via our website. All transactions are made at your own risk.

All online purchases carry some risk. To help mitigate that risk, we recommend;

• Payment Method. Do not, under any circumstance pay via direct bank transfer. This payment method offers you no protection whatsoever. Once you pay, there no way to reverse the payment and your bank will not refund, or track any money lost. Do your home work on payment methods, understand what, if any protection each offer. As an example, Paypal offers some valuable added protection.

• Where possible meet face to face, ideally at one of Everton's matches and exchange in person.

• If a person attempts to communicate via GOT private messaging, texts or other messaging services rather than through an open forum, please be cautious.

• Use the search function in the thread to see if the poster has offered tickets before, contact via private conversation anyone who appears to have bought from the poster in the past to verify.

• Check the poster's history on this site - has the poster registered here recently or been here a long time? Have other members have a positive exchange in the past with the poster?

• If in any doubt, contact a moderator of GrandOldTeam here.

Match Ticket Thread - Spares/Requests - FACE VALUE OR LESS ONLY!

Exactly this. Happened to me.
It is ridiculous, I got on within 5 mins as well. I only needed the 1 seat so was plenty of options but every time I added one to my basket it wasn't there so had to go back and add a different one but was the same each time. Called the ticket line but was 85 in the que so give up.
Only bought my membership to get priority tickets...will be asking for a refund for the membership based off today.

I sent a complaint to the club yesterday and have followed it up with a further one today, when I saw it was sold out. I've provided them with the link to this site https://seatpick.com/everton-fc-brighton-hove-albion-tickets, to show how they are facilitating their own fans being fleeced by touts. Over 2000 tickets for sale starting at £80 and going into the £100s

Considering a freedom of information request to the club, to see if there is anything in the ticketmaster agreement that entitles the club to a percentage of any tickets resold via official ticketmaster resale sites.

No longer the people's club!!

"livefootballtickets" has 478 available for the Brighton game. I know people on social media not impressed with the 15 credit cap to get first dips but the club need a way to weed out the tout bots vs the genuine fan. There are going to be a lot of supporters this year who will get fleeced due to the desire to see Goodison one more time and the clubs lack of ability to control how tickets are bought up through 3 party platforms.

I sent a complaint to the club yesterday and have followed it up with a further one today, when I saw it was sold out. I've provided them with the link to this site https://seatpick.com/everton-fc-brighton-hove-albion-tickets, to show how they are facilitating their own fans being fleeced by touts. Over 2000 tickets for sale starting at £80 and going into the £100s

Considering a freedom of information request to the club, to see if there is anything in the ticketmaster agreement that entitles the club to a percentage of any tickets resold via official ticketmaster resale sites.

No longer the people's club!!
Seatpick seems to be an aggregator, listing tickets from Stubhub (200+ tickets left on their website), livefootballtickets (476 left?!) and FootballTicketNet(in the region of 350 from a manual count).

Interestingly Ticketmaster aren't involved in any of them,

So this is around 1,000 tickets available on these reseller sites as of now. That's probably quite a significant percentage of those that went on sale to members with less than 15 home credits this morning, as I can't imagine there were more than 2-4 thousand of those.

Those reseller sites actually have decent reviews, but surely these aren't all legit tickets? How are they ending up there, and surely the club can stop this?

"livefootballtickets" has 478 available for the Brighton game. I know people on social media not impressed with the 15 credit cap to get first dips but the club need a way to weed out the tout bots vs the genuine fan. There are going to be a lot of supporters this year who will get fleeced due to the desire to see Goodison one more time and the clubs lack of ability to control how tickets are bought up through 3 party platforms.
Surely just match up any tickets for sale on these sites and cancel them, then put them on sale?

I mean fair play to the people who bought a ticket to watch us play 15 times - but the big caveat here with the new home credit system is league games bought via official membership sale/resale (so £55) only i.e. 4 home cup games are totally disregarded along with league tickets via the Official ticket transfer portal.

People like me who have 13 or 14 league credits and went to all 4 midweek cup games are now deemed not 'loyal' enough (took this straight from their news release on Sunday and I'm very annoyed by this) to be in the 1st tier of membership sale, whilst in theory another supporter who only went to 15 league games will be ahead of us.

I mean fair play to the people who bought a ticket to watch us play 15 times - but the big caveat here with the new home credit system is league games bought via official membership sale/resale (so £55) only i.e. 4 home cup games are totally disregarded along with league tickets via the Official ticket transfer portal.

People like me who have 13 or 14 league credits and went to all 4 midweek cup games are now deemed not 'loyal' enough (took this straight from their news release on Sunday and I'm very annoyed by this) to be in the 1st tier of membership sale, whilst in theory another supporter who only went to 15 league games will be ahead of us.
Another mess from the club. All home games and official methods of obtaining a home ticket should have been counted.

The game is still over 3 weeks away, could have easily started a rolling window and that credit amount reduces each working day.

Most of these tout sites don't actually have hundreds of tickets lying about. They will take your order then try and source the tickets for a cheaper price then pocket the difference.

I hear your point and am in the same boat but any system will be viewed as arbitrary by those falling just outside of scope.

The angst should be aimed at those who hold multiple season tickets (for one person) and the resale sites

Surely just match up any tickets for sale on these sites and cancel them, then put them on sale?
Looks like ticket information isn't available until you complete the purchase. Club has to find an improved way of stopping the touts this final season.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 14.34.59.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 14.34.59.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 5

I hear your point and am in the same boat but any system will be viewed as arbitrary by those falling just outside of scope.

The angst should be aimed at those who hold multiple season tickets (for one person) and the resale sites
Agreed but what pisses me off the most is not the criteria itself but the actual lazy 'loyal' narrative used by the club if that makes sense?

Whilst I'm at it they also have the means to come up with a 'fairer' cut-off point (e.g. count cup games as half a credit each and trace to the email address a league ticket was officially transferred to) but just went 'Nah, just the ones who paid £55 15 times is fine'

Last edited:
Most of these tout sites don't actually have hundreds of tickets lying about. They will take your order then try and source the tickets for a cheaper price then pocket the difference.

Looks like ticket information isn't available until you complete the purchase. Club has to find an improved way of stopping the touts this final season.
That's what I first assumed, but I'm sure when I had a look on the livefootballtickets site a couple of weeks ago, the exact seat details were listed when you were browsing. Maybe the tickets are readily available on the site, and they have just removed exact seat info until the purchase is completed, to protet the sellers?

Pretty sure official resale doesn't count either, just direct purchases via the main ticket system

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.