Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.
If in the year 2022 we can't afford to pay a £17m release clause, having just sold a player for £50+m, then there is no dressing up the fact that we are absolutely skint.

Thanks Mosh Man.

If in the year 2022 we can't afford to pay a £17m release clause, having just sold a player for £50+m, then there is no dressing up the fact that we are absolutely skint.

Thanks Mosh Man.
I thought it was due to FFP or whatever. We have money we cannot spend. We are trying to put purchases on to next years books, which, understandably, other clubs are less than happy to agree to.

It sounds as if were trying to spread payments as much as possible, so that we can look better for FFP & still have room to buy more players

obviously clubs will want most of the fee upfront

It sounds as if were trying to spread payments as much as possible, so that we can look better for FFP & still have room to buy more players

obviously clubs will want most of the fee upfront

Nah, it's just standard practice for our transfers, we've done this since Moyes was in charge

I thought it was due to FFP or whatever. We have money we cannot spend. We are trying to put purchases on to next years books, which, understandably, other clubs are less than happy to agree to.
We are into a new year of FFP, and we put Richarlison's sale into last year's accounting which also included Digne's sale. We apparently (although I trust this far less than others do) have Moise Kean guaranteed to leave at the end of this season which will raise another £25m. That's over £100m in sales in 18months with possibly others to follow, you never know.

Maxwell Cornet on the hand, if we signed him on a four contract say, would be down on our books at less than £4.5m a year.

If we can't afford to make this transaction then it is because of cash flow and having to pay the full release clause upfront. That Richarlison money I believe has gone into the stadium (which is exempt from FFP), there's no other explanation as to why we are seemingly paralysed in the market.

We are into a new year of FFP, and we put Richarlison's sale into last year's accounting which also included Digne's sale. We apparently (although I trust this far less than others do) have Moise Kean guaranteed to leave at the end of this season which will raise another £25m. That's over £100m in sales in 18months with possibly others to follow, you never know.

Maxwell Cornet on the hand, if we signed him on a four contract say, would be down on our books at less than £4.5m a year.

If we can't afford to make this transaction then it is because of cash flow and having to pay the full release clause upfront. That Richarlison money I believe has gone into the stadium (which is exempt from FFP), there's no other explanation as to why we are seemingly paralysed in the market.
Cornet’s amortisation and wages on that deal would be c.£7m using half the P&L space created by the Richarlison sale. We are ideally trying to get 3 players into that space if we can to help stabilise our medium term wage bill and ensure we do not continue to run foul of PL rules. Every deal we do limits our flexibility so we are trying to save every £ we can in a negotiation before pressing the GO button. It is frustrating but necessary.

Mail saying we offered a loan, and has been rejected, were apparently going back in for a permanent transfer.

Bit concerning if were offering loan deals

The stadium is its own thing and doesn't effect our p&s standing.

As soon as we got planning permission it essentially became its own thing away from everton as far as p&s is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.