Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cornet’s amortisation and wages on that deal would be c.£7m using half the P&L space created by the Richarlison sale. We are ideally trying to get 3 players into that space if we can to help stabilise our medium term wage bill and ensure we do not continue to run foul of PL rules. Every deal we do limits our flexibility so we are trying to save every £ we can in a negotiation before pressing the GO button. It is frustrating but necessary.
As necessary as it may seem, we are rolling the dice with our Premier League future. The new season is just round the corner and we are arguably weaker than our pitiful standards from last year.

I am very, very worried if we don't strengthen further.

The stadium is its own thing and doesn't effect our p&s standing.

As soon as we got planning permission it essentially became its own thing away from everton as far as p&s is concerned.
That's why I said it was exempt from our FFP (p&s) concerns. It still needs paying for however, and we don't have any external finance lined up which means it will turn into an enormous drain on the club's paltry resources.

If in the year 2022 we can't afford to pay a £17m release clause, having just sold a player for £50+m, then there is no dressing up the fact that we are absolutely skint.

Thanks Mosh Man.
We lost significant Sponsorships and about £25m due to lower league position. We also need money to pay for Dele.

Thelwell & Lampard know we need to strengthen. They are just having to try to do the most work with the least £. That means patience, missing out on players at times & trying to preserve a little flexibility in case as the window closes a beneficial loan or cheap deal might emerge.

Every deal we do is a couple we can’t so like Moyes before them they are trying to save every penny and be very sure before committing. It could go horribly wrong but they have been dealt a bad hand and are trying to turn it into something.

I’m eyes tight shut and fingers crossed hoping for a good outcome!

I was really hoping I'd go one transfer window without seeing the word 'amortisation' but here we are again.

We are into a new year of FFP, and we put Richarlison's sale into last year's accounting which also included Digne's sale. We apparently (although I trust this far less than others do) have Moise Kean guaranteed to leave at the end of this season which will raise another £25m. That's over £100m in sales in 18months with possibly others to follow, you never know.

Maxwell Cornet on the hand, if we signed him on a four contract say, would be down on our books at less than £4.5m a year.

If we can't afford to make this transaction then it is because of cash flow and having to pay the full release clause upfront. That Richarlison money I believe has gone into the stadium (which is exempt from FFP), there's no other explanation as to why we are seemingly paralysed in the market.
Interesting.
Hopefully we see some change in financial position soon

We lost significant Sponsorships and about £25m due to lower league position. We also need money to pay for Dele.
You get around £2m per place in the Premier League, we certainly did not lose £25m from the season before where we finished 10th. I believe it is around £12-13m, still not ideal but less than half of what you have quoted. As for the Sponsorships, yes losing the USM deal sucks but they were just disguised ownership investments anyway and the Premier League is working on closing that loophole, we would have been forced to look for actual sponsorship deals before long.

Loan offer? Imagine after all that bad feeling about our finances and them threatening to take us and the premier league to court, we then approach them with a loan offer for their best player. LOL you’ve got admire the brass neck you really have.
Does Burnley want to sell him? Why?

Cornet is available for a reasonable fee because he has a relegation clause in his contract. Not because Burnley want to get rid of him.

I have no idea what Everton supposedly have offered, but let us say it was a £3M loan fee and an option to buy for £20M next summer. Everton paying extra if Cornet does well. If not, Burnley get to keep their best player. If they are back in the Premier League, the relegation clause could be void.

Such a deal could potentially be win win for both clubs. Reasonable of Everton to make such an offer and Burnley have every right to turn it down. If Burnley want £17M up front, there will likely be clubs (incl. Everton) willing to pay that.

No we don't - Just get rid of him
I am sure there are caveats in that deal that don't allow us to just give Alli away to another club without having to pay Tottenham some sort of compensation. I find it unfathomable that Levy would allow us to pull his pants down like that.

That said, I definitely agree that if he isn't a major part of Frank's plans this summer then we should offer him on a free transfer to another club as there's literally no point having him stick around to sit on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.