Mayor's Bramley Moore Dock Open Letter To Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they'd have released this information with sketches and renderings, my guess is we'd all see there's nothing to be concerned about.

They didn't, so naturally the sky is falling.

There are two factors that in tandem that tell me we don't need to worry.

Firstly, everyone who's seen the plans and spoken on this says that this won't affect the intimate, intimidating atmosphere we're looking to capture. Even the architect says this, for crying out loud.

Secondly, the fact that Anfield is to be used for the Opening Ceremony tells me that the capacity of our ground in athletics mode will be drastically reduced.

That's a good thing.

It suggests that the running track has to be much higher than the pitch - perhaps a full tier higher - which would therefore indicate that the stands are as steep as we've been promised.
Sssshhhh. You've gone and introduced common sense and considered opinion, you'll hinder everybody's righteous fume. :)

Must admit to being a little concerned about this. Regardless of what anybody says, there is going to have to be some kind of compromise in order to facilitate the installation of a running track.

Pointless getting overly pissy about it until we receive more information though.

View attachment 37784
The Etihad stadium had a running track before it was transformed into this. Assuming we can have a design that can accomodate a temporary track by removing some of the lower tiered seats, I can live with it, especially if it funds part of the stadium.
The Ethiad's has a continuing atmosphere problem. Personally I think it's been one (just one) of the contributory factors as to why City have not achieved success commensurate with their massive player investment.

"Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has reportedly told club officials the atmosphere at the Etihad Stadium must improve. Guardiola... is eager to see an improvement in the noise levels at the ground."

Is there any information on how the club/council will finance the new stadium? Sorry if it has been ask before.

Mad that people are going crazy over a running track but don't seem to give a hoot about a sand pit for the long and triple jump being half way down the left flank.
They aren't even having those at our stadium, that will be taking place at Mann island

Mad that people are going crazy over a running track but don't seem to give a hoot about a sand pit for the long and triple jump being half way down the left flank.
I reckon there will be a retractable piece of turf above the sandpit, not dissimilar to the set up Thunderbird 1 uses to launch. (although that employs a retractable swimming pool).

I personally don't really like Dan Meis' being so vocal on his Twitter account & see it as unprofessional... However... We must use his interacting with our fans to our benefit on this matter & demand the math on this. "How can you not compromise the intimacy / atmosphere with this proposal... It's not possible, is it?"
And by we, i mean you, because i can't be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back