M'Baye Niang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has so much potential, why is he available at such a low fee?

Just wondering, as most 'potential wonderkids' tend to command a premium?

It's not really a case of thinking about business models or sell-on values. It's more a case of being aware of the reality of the situation and judging accordingly. If we only buy players who are fully aware of our history and love the 'ethos' of the club, and think the fans are the best, we'll be relegated before we know it.

I wasn't suggesting this at all. I simply stated my opinion that we shouldn't be in for players who consider us as a second/third/etc best option.

Look at Mirallas example, he was quoted as saying:

"I was convinced that what was important for me at this stage of my career, embarking on new league, is to get plenty of time on the field."

Clearly he's a player with his head screwed on. He might not be fully aware of the history of the club or love the "ethos", but he still chose us. If Niang thinks he's got a better chance of playing time at Milan in comparison to with us, good luck to him.

I wasn't suggesting this at all. I simply stated my opinion that we shouldn't be in for players who consider us as a second/third/etc best option.

Look at Mirallas example, he was quoted as saying:

Clearly he's a player with his head screwed on. He might not be fully aware of the history of the club or love the "ethos", but he still chose us. If Niang thinks he's got a better chance of playing time at Milan in comparison to with us, good luck to him.
If he considers us anything less than the best option for him at this moment, he won't come. It is reasonable that he's weighing up his options though. We can't expect a young lad to make a snap decision. If it does boil down to a choice between us and Milan, I can understand his dilemna.

Ah, sounds good. And surely he can't be that **** if Milan are interested in him.

Still a gamble though.

He's basically james vaughan without the injuries by the looks of it. He broke through ridicuosly early two years back and became the youngest ever goalscorer in the french top flight, scoring three time as a 16 year old.

Then last year he was expected to be caen's main threat and started a lot of game, and he struggled with all the expectation, couldn't carry the team by himself at just 17 or get used to being reguarly marked and they were relegated. And now Caen have to flog him as their only real asset.

Even though he is only 17 and would probably take some of our remaining budget to buy, he has still got way more skill than Anichebe. Let's.just get him in for 2m and sell Vic to Wigan (immediate squad improvement) and still cash to spend maybe on Oviedo and Biglia (loan).

Arsenal been defeated by Everton in the race to win the young stars of Caen
Sunday 26/08/2012 09:29

Everton have reached an agreement to recruit the 18-year-old M'Baye Niang from Caen for £ 2 million.
Earlier, Niang was impressed with boss David Moyes going to trial at Goodison Park. Current players played for Caen is also in the sights of Arsenal, Tottenham and AC Milan. In it particularly closely Niang Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger highly appreciate the potential of this player. Finally, Everton had overcome the other team to get the nod from the French team. The two sides have agreed a price of £ 2 million and striker born in 1994 will complete the individual agreement in the next day or two. Though only 18 years old Niang was an important member of the U21 team France

Though only 18 years old Niang was an important member of the U21 team France

I knew i'd seen this lad play somewhere before, i don't watch the french league so i couldn't put me finger on how i recognised the lad. I watched France a few times at the under21's Euro competition so i think that's how i know him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back