M'Baye Niang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I think he has a better chance of starting games there because they play much more games (europe etc) and have a much less settled squad.

Also they have sold both Cassano and Ibrahimovic and replaced them with just Pazzini, Pato is injured (again) and Robinho isn't really suited to leading the line, I would expect Niang to get a fair bit of game time at Milan.

Tlented young players believe that they are the best around,they believe they will play in the first team regardless of it being Everton or A.C Milan.
Any youngster who thinks he isn't good enough for the biggest and best will not be chased by them.
Of course,some youngsters are wrong and it doesn't work out for them,but to be the mest you must believe you are the best.

Unfortunately agents generally cannot see beyond the pound signs in their eyes,they cannot see that a move for instance to Everton rather than A.C Milan could see them earning more money over a longer period of time rather than a quick pay-off now.

Has it?

Serious question - at Everton he was blazing a trail in the Euros and playing like he had the freedom of the world.

At United he's playing a lot deeper, disappears in games (like against us the other week) and he hasn't had anywhere near what you could call a good international tournament since he joined United.

Don't get me wrong, he's obviously a good player but if I look at how his career has gone it's about 25% as well as I would have thought when he burst onto the scene at 16.

Not sure what you were expecting....

4 League titles
2 League cups
Champions League
World Club Cup
Community Shield

As for his international record, he's scored 29 goals in 75 games, not to be sniffed at. I'm sure he'll get over his 'poor' performances in international tournaments when he thinks about winning the highest honour in club football.

He's also on the way to becoming United's top scorer. I'd have to ask what more you expected him to achieve to be honest.

Has it?

Serious question - at Everton he was blazing a trail in the Euros and playing like he had the freedom of the world.

At United he's playing a lot deeper, disappears in games (like against us the other week) and he hasn't had anywhere near what you could call a good international tournament since he joined United.

Don't get me wrong, he's obviously a good player but if I look at how his career has gone it's about 25% as well as I would have thought when he burst onto the scene at 16.

He's Man Utd 4th top scorer of all time, in the top 100 scorers of all time in the english top flight, scored more champions league goals than any english player ever including one in one of three finals he's played in, won eight major trophies and is the joint 8th top scorer for his country who he's represented in the quarter finals of three major tournements and the knock out stages of four.

At 26.

It's a not been a bad career like.

Has it?

He dissapeared at times for us tho, lots of games, the Shrewsbury game stands out a mile.

His last contract was worth 250k a week.

And then theres always this :

Premier League (4): 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
Football League Cup (2): 2005–06, 2009–10
FA Community Shield (3): 2007, 2010, 2011
UEFA Champions League (1): 2007–08
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

He dissapeared at times for us tho, lots of games, the Shrewsbury game stands out a while.

His last contract was worth 250k a week.

And then theres always this :

Premier League (4): 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
Football League Cup (2): 2005–06, 2009–10
FA Community Shield (3): 2007, 2010, 2011
UEFA Champions League (1): 2007–08
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Copying posts isn't cool x

To paraphrase the late great Sid Waddell: when Alexander of Macedonia was 33 he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer. Rooney is only 27.

I'm not going to cry about some kid I've never even seen play. Let's face it, he can hardly be a wonder kid if he's going for £2m

Hooray, sensible post, half the lids on here have him in the starting 11 without having seen the boy play!!

£2m for a 17 yr old wonder kid? More like our annual academy signing to me.

Not his achievements, just his style of play and impact. Titles etc. mean nothing - Phil Neville has a hatful for example. Neither do wages; Kaka and Ronaldinho sat on massive contracts whilst stinking the place up every week.

I just expected Rooney to be in the upper echelons, alongside Ronaldo and Messi - he's clearly not though. I expected him to be more explosive and dangerous than he is now. Let's face it, you don't go into a game against Man Utd thinking "we've got to keep Rooney marked brilliantly or we lose".

He could have been better tis all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back