McCarthy to replace Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be a realistic price for McCarthy ?

I think you have to consider the seller's point of view aswell as our view's and take the blue tinted glasses off when trying to attain a realistic transfer price.

IMO I think to get a deal done his value will be around 8M but will almost certainly have add -ons (some realistic - some not) that would see a fee rising anything up to 12M ish.

"We are in a position where we don't have to sell. I don't think there's been any misguidance. We know exactly where we are internally.

"We're very, very strong financially, and we don't have to sell at all."

Still an important quote for me

If we don't need to sell then don't unless Utd match OUR asking price

Barcodes in for McCarthy - reported again today in the Mirror.

Pinch of salt for me.... I would welcome McCarthy signing for us, and he would team up well with Gibbo, Shay and Duffy. Once Trapp is gone, we would have 4 Everton players in the Ireland first team!! (y)

I would love to know how people expect us to have signed any players when we all know we have no money.

It's kinda funny.

And kinda boringly repetitive.

What's boringly repetitive is people who just answer every thread with we'v got No Money. You don't know this anymore than people who hope we have some money. You same people have been saying we have no money since last season ended, yet we have signed 2 players for actual money and brought in a free and loan (which still cost some monies).

We SHOULD have some money in the coffers. Whether we have or not is anyone's guess. But you certainly don't know we don't, it's all hyperthetical !!

What's boringly repetitive is people who just answer every thread with we'v got No Money. You don't know this anymore than people who hope we have some money. You same people have been saying we have no money since last season ended, yet we have signed 2 players for actual money and brought in a free and loan (which still cost some monies).

We SHOULD have some money in the coffers. Whether we have or not is anyone's guess. But you certainly don't know we don't, it's all hyperthetical !!

Ok mate.

It's being realistic ...... We've spent about 6 million so far... I'm not slating Martinez, I think for the cash he was given he's done very well..... We have 4 new squad players in and no real losses out.

We SHOULD have money, but we don't. All we need to do is long at the last set of accounts to see this. New Sky money will help in the short term ( When it comes ) but we have to remember we already take out loans on the next two years of the sky money because we are run badly.

Just look on the PDF link, we have no cash flow and our Ebitda is minus. We lose money year on year and the debt slowly grows as we thread water.

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/12-13/news/23366.html

Ok mate.

It's being realistic ...... We've spent about 6 million so far... I'm not slating Martinez, I think for the cash he was given he's done very well..... We have 4 new squad players in and no real losses out.

We'v committed to 6M in fees sure, but we won't have handed out 6M, prob around a couple million in initial payments.

Surely the point is that perhaps RM would rather have McCarthy than Fellaini, after all he is the club manager not like folk on here playing at footy manager where there are no consequences for bad decisios.

Not read all posts but with felli we will loose goals. With barkley in current form we lack even more of a goal threat if he plays gibson and mc carthy also
"With Barkley in current form we lack more of a goal threat" ?
Mate that's nonsense Barkley has scored 1 goal in 2 games thus far this season,a 1 in 2 ratio.
And that's me being silly too.
Dumbfounded !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back