- Goat's opinion

*feels a bit let down by response

I use stats to back up my opinions having watched players. In terms of value:

- Actually watching the player in question
- Statistical analysis
- Football Manager
- What team they play for/Whether they've been relegated
- Goat's opinion

You need to add youtube montage and if they can play in a non ventilated shirt.

I'm starting to think that United aren't going to match Everton's valuations for Fellaini or Baines, and that Martinez is going to have to get used to life without his Irish Joe Allen.

It doesn't really matter whether we sign him as a replacement for Fellaini, the point is we'll have a good player, a talented player on the books going forward.

edited to show why your thinking is so wrong on this matter, you cosistantly ignore the fact everyone is saying get two in etc strenghten as a unit and treat it like their all saying swap the two for each other mate, practically no one said that
Agreed. The bottom line is that when you sell your best players it's very hard to improve your team ... and it's even harder when you aren't getting a good value for that player. That's why we're tearing ourselves apart arguing about this ... because when it comes down to it we all (well most of us) know that selling Fellaini at the rumoured price is a mistake.

I think McCarthy is better than many give him credit for but that doesn't mean I'd sell Felli. Hot Dog is right in the sense that we'll (probably) end up weaker as a result of this deal (unless we get crazy lucky with whomever is brought in along with McCarthy).

I just don't think we have to make McCarthy out to be worse than he is just to make that point. McCarthy can be good and it can also be a bad idea to sell Fellaini (because Fellaini is very good).

You could make the argument that if we get McCarthy in (and also have Gibson of course) that makes us slightly weaker in CM for now. Then we get someone who is already better than Osman (and RM puts Osman on the bench) which could make us slightly better (or even much better) in that position. That way we might just manage to be slightly better overall (for the sake of argument ... not saying I think this).

Fairly big gamble though (for what would be a fairly small net gain) ... especially with the window getting smaller and smaller.

If we can get him successfully integrating into the group we'll have a real exciting prospect on our hands very quickly.

Now every single post you make I read in that Goons voice.

Cheers meathead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back