McCarthy to replace Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCarthy is nowhere near good enough. He has never once made me sit up and take notice whenever Ive seen him. He's lucky to be at Wigan in my opinion. Its a big NO from me.

Thought he was good at breaking up our play today without commiting fouls. Still think he would be ace alongside Gibson in central midfield.

Thought he was good at breaking up our play today without commiting fouls. Still think he would be ace alongside Gibson in central midfield.

Thing is though mate, there's plenty of players who can break up play without committing fouls who won't cost the amount Wigan will want. For example, the player you mentioned in your post !

He played very well today. Can pick a pass, can brteak it up, big and strong, and quicker than he looks.

Yes from me, good footballr.

I don't want him.

He's badly average.

The fact we haven't been linked with him I can't understand why this thread is still going.

He's a midfielder. We don't play Fellaini as a midfielder so how exactly would he replace him anyway?!

What I perhaps did not specify was that it was not a direct replacement for the position that Fellaini has with us now. Fellaini is so special a player that I doubt there is anyone close to him in professional football right now. McCarthy would be a player brought in to allow perhaps Osman to move further forward or even Barkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back