McCarthy to replace Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say Keane when I first made the point but was scared I would be the only one who can see that comparison, glad I'm not.
If we could buy a player like that in January it would be fantastic, if they had the passion and snideness that Keane had as well they'd be loved here. Peter Reid ey?

Ay Peter Reiad mate, even Super Lee Carsley. Ive also said for a long time on here, there is far more to Dazzler Gibson (offensively) then the defensive midfield role he has been playing superbly since hes been with us.

He reminds of Keane at the same age, actually prob more refined and a better reader of the game at the same age. He ozzes potential, like those who were able to spot in Mofro a mile of, that drive and energy to push a team on - the foundation and hub that all happens around, the nous of being able to read and postion yourself during a game, with but more importantly without the ball and that unhoned ability marked by the odd mistake that get knocked out of them on the way to becoming the class finished article.

Mark my words on this McCarthy lad.

Ay Peter Reiad mate, even Super Lee Carsley. Ive also said for a long time on here, there is far more to Dazzler Gibson (offensively) then the defensive midfield role he has been playing superbly since hes been with us.

He reminds of Keane at the same age, actually prob more refined and a better reader of the game at the same age. He ozzes potential, like those who were able to spot in Mofro a mile of, that drive and energy to push a team on - the foundation and hub that all happens around, the nous of being able to read and postion yourself during a game, with but more importantly without the ball and that unhoned ability marked by the odd mistake that get knocked out of them on the way to becoming the class finished article.

Mark my words on this McCarthy lad.

100% agree with you, seriously it's like your reading my mind haha. Yes, Gibson if he was given more of a freedom role and could roam forward would be a lot more than just the anchor man and bounce off wall that he currently is now, not a bad punt calling him a young Keane there, and you'd expect his vision and passing range with him coming through United's academy and being with and learning from players like Scholes and Keane.

I haven't seen much of this McCarthy I'll be honest, what makes you think he's so good?

Martinez is on goals on sunday and has been asked the question about McCarthy and from his response (there's a right time and a wrong time) he ain't joining us this year.

I do like Martinez - represent himself and the club very well.

This McCarthy lad is the real deal.

Honestly, in the summer, I,d cash in on big hair and get this fella.

If he was available in the Jan window - I would sell one of our A list players to buy him..

Beausejoir coming to us is he?

He's more of a winger, though. Same with Maloney.

The thing is they have five central midfielders getting games (Watson, McCarthy, Jones, McArthur and Gomez have all played at least 9 league games this season) and they've now picked up a 6th in Espinoza.

Even with a with a 3-5-2 you've got to think they'll be selling someone. Probably not to us, like but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back