Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Had a guy around yesterday to quote for laying a new patio with York stone ( hideously heavy and expensive but we have quite a bit in the garden already
He says "of course it would be cheaper if you dig out the soil ". Quick as a flash Mrs J say yes we will do that ( meaning I do it ) only to discover that I have to dig out 20 ft x 10ft to a depth of 1 foot !
My poor back
Good luck 🤣 York stone is lovely.

Good morning all. Having a nice time here in the 'pool. Dad doing really well. He's moaning about Everton and the Government. He's fairly Conservative in his views and has just said that this is the worst Government he can remember in his life time - he'll be 86 in August!
Had a few beers in The Kingsman last night ( no idea what it's called now or even if it's the same name) Apparently brother has fallen out with The Storrsdale gang and we couldn't be bothered walking to The Greenhills.
I do miss Liverpool, even after 30+ years. It will always be home.
That's a shame for your brother: there's a relatively new licensee in the Storrsy, and in my opinion he's a good fella and runs the pub relatively well.

In terms of the Kingsman, did they have their usual last orders at 10-10.30? I get that their trade is now food, but it's a shame that it's went so far one way.

If you're up for a walk up Barkhill, the Mossley Hill AC is now a decent place for a drink.

That's a shame for your brother: there's a relatively new licensee in the Storrsy, and in my opinion he's a good fella and runs the pub relatively well.

In terms of the Kingsman, did they have their usual last orders at 10-10.30? I get that their trade is now food, but it's a shame that it's went so far one way.

If you're up for a walk up Barkhill, the Mossley Hill AC is now a decent place for a drink.
Yes it was about 10.30 when they called time. I don't think he's fallen out with the landlord, more the people he used to drink with in there. Thanks for the tip. I'll suggest it next time I'm here.

Good morning all on this clear day here in Hyvinkää .I hope all are well and had a good kip .
I feel it is time to share this .
Poor @Barnfred 55 has kindly offered me a place to stay whilst I visit my son's family ,my son is having a hard time with ADD so I booked a flight to see him ,as with all well laid plans he is actually visiting friends at least for some of my stay .So very kindly for a payment of some Finnish delicasies courtesy of Letitia he has offered me hostelry ,he has no idea what he has let himself in for ,I hasten to add I don't smell and don't snore just to scratch the surface ,Fred will find out the worst when it is too late !
I am so looking forward to seeing two of my grandchildren I have never met and my granddaughter Maya whom I met at 3 months old .I am too looking forward to meeting Fred and seeing the places he has told us so much about including those he has shared with Cal .
I will post the night I make winter chanterelle soup for us so everyone will understand if fred doesn't post for a while whilst recovering .
Another sign of the thread started by Karl working for the greater good of us all on here and indeed the goodwill of Evertonians toward each other .
I have news for you Blue. I'm afraid I do. lol

I'm also looking forward to cooking some of my favourite meals for you. Hope you like chillies.;)

Had a guy around yesterday to quote for laying a new patio with York stone ( hideously heavy and expensive but we have quite a bit in the garden already
He says "of course it would be cheaper if you dig out the soil ". Quick as a flash Mrs J say yes we will do that ( meaning I do it ) only to discover that I have to dig out 20 ft x 10ft to a depth of 1 foot !
My poor back
The words glutton and punishment come to mind mate. lol

My poor back

That‘s just over 9 tons of earth btw…..

HI folks. I'm back in the north east. Had a lovely time. Brother cooked a gorgeous Sunday dinner which coincided with the first half of the match so I didn't see any of it So many roadworks on the A1. Does my head in. I've been travelling up and down to Liverpool since 1991 and I don't think I've ever had a roadwork free A1 trip.
Have a lovely evening.

Morning all from a dark Co Antrim on route to Belfast.

Hard to know what to make of yesterday. The pragmatist in me says a point gained but more and more the realist in me sees an inevitability about it all.

The burden of this pales though when considering @jazzy moving 9 tonnes of soil. Really? There is always a time and place to get a man in.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back