Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

My mate has finally confirmed that my proposed trip up to Liverpool to go to Bangor on Dee races towards the end of this month is definitely on. So just booked flights and hotel. Between the two, the cost has gone up by around a £100 since last week. The flights had already gone up by about £50 from a month ago.

C'est la vie. :)

My mate has finally confirmed that my proposed trip up to Liverpool to go to Bangor on Dee races towards the end of this month is definitely on. So just booked flights and hotel. Between the two, the cost has gone up by around a £100 since last week. The flights had already gone up by about £50 from a month ago.

C'est la vie. :)
Do you know about private windows on your computer Fred ? They stop the cookies that they leave on your computer to remember you ,they will change the price the more you search .

Do you know about private windows on your computer Fred ? They stop the cookies that they leave on your computer to remember you ,they will change the price the more you search .
I know about private browsing Blue but personally don't believe that reputable sites will put the price up the more you search. However to check I just searched both on my mobile (which I haven't used before) and got the same quotes for both. Hotels and flights just put the prices up as availability drops. It's just the way it is.

Morning all, grey cold and damp here. Another early start to pick grandson up for the school run. I’m a poor sleeper at the best of times but the fear of sleeping through the alarm kept me awake most of the night. I then got to thinking about my Grandad who,when he was about ten, would walk three miles to school and back across open fenland, he left school at twelve. No one to give kids like him a lift. They bred them tough in those days . Have a good day all💙

Good morning all. We have snow. Only a small sprinkling but proper snow. I watched Brentford v Fulham last night. I'm not confident about our chances of beating Brentford. The only positive being that we are at home.
Not much to tell you about. I'm working, daughter is in Scarborough with her boyfriend, cat is asleep in her bed. Mr F also at work.
Have a good day folks x

Hi everyone. No snow in Essex, not even that cold really. Probably cursed it now and we'll be feet deep in snow before the end of the day. Been out with Tilly this morning and she found her friend Trigger to play with. She's a ~27kg Labrador, he's a ~50kg Bully XL. They love each other, probably spent 20 mins or so wrestling, playing tug over a tiny stick, chasing around etc. So nice to see. Particularly since the Bully XL type dog has not gates so well in the press of late. Got a meeting with work this afternoon about returning after a period of sick leave. Can't say I'm looking forward to it. Have a good day folks. 💙

Morning all. Just been up to the local shop (bread delivery day) and also picked up a pasty for lunch. Following my endeavours on Saturday I got myself well wrapped up today, and I can report that the weather is absolutely beautiful. No snow down here. Had to change into shorts and T shirt when I got home I was so hot. lol

Paid for the races this morning and also sorted out my lift to the airport. The neighbours aren't back from their cruise until the next day so the son, Peter, is giving me a lift. Well worth a box of San Miguel;) I'm really looking forward to the trip up to Merseyside (3 days in Southport followed by 6 in Liverpool) and indeed Blue's visit to Cornwall. I've hardly been over the door since the beginning of October.

Also you may recall me having problems last year with my cards when paying for stuff on line. Well I've downloaded the Banking app onto my phone since then and I'm delighted to say that everything is working incredibly smoothly, touch wood.

Hope you all have a good day.

My thanks to @Joey66 .
Not only saved me a few bob ( much cheaper on eBay ) but a lot of work. Spoke to the patio guy and told him Joey said a foot deep was OTT so agreed that I will just go down 9". Gorgeous weather today so dug out about a quarter. Tough work but good exercise and lovely in the sun.
Make sure the patio guy slopes the Yorkshire paving away from the call of your house using wooden pegs on a slight gradient ;)

Make sure the patio guy slopes the Yorkshire paving away from the call of your house using wooden pegs on a slight gradient ;)
It's a patio in front of the summerhouse so not quite as critical, but yes fully understand the logic. Slight problem is that the garden falls/ slopes down to the summerhouse so think that he will have to incorporate a slope to the side into the border.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back