Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Yep you sent her flowers once but they were only "paper roses".
God this is so much easier when we are all of the same generation.
Did you tell her you'd be her "long haired lover from Liverpool"?
Not a Jimmy fan tbh Jazz. Nothing against redheads generally obviously :blush:

Just having a beer to celebrate my winnings. I've had a few today, the aforementioned 22-1 being the standout. Not sure what happened to my alcohol free day.lol

Yep you sent her flowers once but they were only "paper roses".
God this is so much easier when we are all of the same generation.
Did you tell her you'd be her "long haired lover from Liverpool"?

That bloody song haunted me when I went to school when we moved down here, age about 8 or 9. Unbeknown to me, I had a Liverpool accent, and I was introduced to my new classmates as "Mark, from Liverpool". Cue the inevitable when the song was in the charts!

I had no idea what all of you were talking about, so I looked it up! I know about Donny and Maria Osmond and their family in general, but I didn't know about Jimmy or his song.

He was about my age at the time it was a hit. Might even have been released under "Little Jimmy Osmond".

I didnt have long hair, who does at 9? But a scouse accent in a new school 250 miles from Liverpool was plenty for some fun! Wasnt nasty, and the deputy head being a Blue helped!

He was about my age at the time it was a hit. Might even have been released under "Little Jimmy Osmond".

I didnt have long hair, who does at 9? But a scouse accent in a new school 250 miles from Liverpool was plenty for some fun! Wasnt nasty, and the deputy head being a Blue helped!
Yes, that is how it was released. I just watched the video on YT.

I'm glad the teasing wasn't too bad! :) And that's great about the deputy head. Blues always look out for Blues!

Yes, that is how it was released. I just watched the video on YT.

I'm glad the teasing wasn't too bad! :) And that's great about the deputy head. Blues always look out for Blues!

He became a great mate of me Dad, and I would have a pint with the two of them at times. He had EFC posters in his classroom, and would give out Everton mints for good answers. Top bloke, sadly, no longer with us. For some reason, Portishead, the small town me parents moved us to, ended up having a large Merseyside society. At one point, Dad and Frank (Deputy head), considered starting a Merseyside Society.

Its is edited by a genius. They have 2 teams, over 3 or 4 days, condensed into about 40 minutes of actual "action". Probably less thinking about it, to make an entertaining comedic programme. When they show the final episode to find a winner, they do the opposite to make the two contenders and their teams seem to be competent.

Sugar does it for free, (his fee goes to GOSH), and he does use his own money to back the winners own business. My gripe is that has become a bit samey over the years, but if you watch it for what it is, it is a funny hour or so.
Dragon’s Den on before it makes for a pleasant Thursday with some nice wine.

I couldn’t see any of the Apprentices securing a Dragon’s investment now I think about it.

Good afternoon all. Glad to see Cornish adventurers are still going strong. Hope the head is better Blue.
It's cold again today. I would like it to be warm. I feel like I've been wearing the same three jumpers on a rota basis since about last November.
I'm still struggling with my new team leader. Our ways of thinking are miles apart.
Anyway, yesterday's acca was rubbish. We'll try again today. Also Mr F has a video interview for a job tomorrow. Its temporary via an agency but wish him luck.
Good luck to Mr F. not that I think he’ll need it 🍀🍀, hope you had more luck with the acca today. Ladbrokes have given me a free daily bet this week and I‘m up £11.40 not life changing but better than a poke in the eye lol.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back