Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning everybody. Happy St Patrick's Day. Listening to The Dubliners while I'm working.
Daughter bought one of those DNA ancestry kits and got the results the other day. She is 50% Irish, 15% Scottish, 33% English and 3% Welsh. It also tells you what %age you got from each parent. She got 45% of her Irish from me and 5% of her Scottish from me. 0% English from me.
I found it fascinating. My Dad's family are all from Cork, my Mum has relatives in Wexford and my Nan was born in Dundee. I was still surprised though that my DNA is 90% Irish, 10% Scottish and I have no English at all.
Forgot it was Paddy’s Day. Not the same down here as in Liverpool.

Good morning everybody. Happy St Patrick's Day. Listening to The Dubliners while I'm working.
Daughter bought one of those DNA ancestry kits and got the results the other day. She is 50% Irish, 15% Scottish, 33% English and 3% Welsh. It also tells you what %age you got from each parent. She got 45% of her Irish from me and 5% of her Scottish from me. 0% English from me.
I found it fascinating. My Dad's family are all from Cork, my Mum has relatives in Wexford and my Nan was born in Dundee. I was still surprised though that my DNA is 90% Irish, 10% Scottish and I have no English at all.

you have to be very careful about these things….

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back