Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning all and Happy Easter. Bit cloudy here but signs of the sun breaking through. Hoping for a fine afternoon as my brother is hosting an egg hunt for the grandkids. I am in charge of hiding them (the eggs that is not the grandkids, although there’s a thought…. ) . I hid them so well last year, they didn’t get them all and he found one in October.lol
Have a good day, all💙

Just lovely. I’m not religious but I love churches, the history, architecture and like @Barnfred 55 the peace, just everything about them really.
Just noticed the man posting his letter, hope it arrives okay.
I had to wait for him to walk over the road before taking the picture and he was eyeing me rather suspiciously.

That could be almost anywhere in Cornwall AT. It's full of medieval churches like this with the low tower. I love the architecture but I love the peacefulness more. I'm not particularly religious but being in a church makes you feel safe for some reason.
St Patrick himself founded a Monastery on that site.

And it’s a handy car parking spot for matches 😀

Morning all and Happy Easter. Bit cloudy here but signs of the sun breaking through. Hoping for a fine afternoon as my brother is hosting an egg hunt for the grandkids. I am in charge of hiding them (the eggs that is not the grandkids, although there’s a thought…. ) . I hid them so well last year, they didn’t get them all and he found one in October.lol
Have a good day, all💙
The eggs I hope, not the grandkids 😀

St Patrick himself founded a Monastery on that site.

And it’s a handy car parking spot for matches 😀
St Piran is the patron Saint of Cornwall. He landed here from Ireland at a place called Perranporth which is now a bustling holiday resort and surfing Mecca.

It used to be customary on St Pirans day (also in March) to hand out free pasties but sadly that seemed to die out before we moved down here.😀

St Piran is the patron Saint of Cornwall. He landed here from Ireland at a place called Perranporth which is now a bustling holiday resort and surfing Mecca.

It used to be customary on St Pirans day (also in March) to hand out free pasties but sadly that seemed to die out before we moved down here.😀
He is a new one for me.

Free pasties- literally heaven sent.

He is a new one for me.

Free pasties- literally heaven sent.
Yeah. I think Paddy sent him over here to indoctrinate us Brits. lol

It worked anyway. There's more towns and villages named after saints than any other county in England. Over 50 I remember reading.

Edit. Just looked it up. There's a lot more. There are 55 place names that contain the word "Saint". But there are over 300 places actually named after saints, the vast majority of which came over from Ireland. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah. I think Paddy sent him over here to indoctrinate us Brits. lol

It worked anyway. There's more towns and villages named after saints than any other county in England. Over 50 I remember reading.

Edit. Just looked it up. There's a lot more. There are 55 place names that contain the word "Saint". But there are over 300 places actually named after saints, the vast majority of which came over from Ireland. ;)
Cornwall is quite a unique identity (to my eyes) and you can safely assume some form of outside influence.

Well in Pirin lad.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back