Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Happy Easter Sunday guys. Think it's appropriate that the main topic of conversation this morning has been of churches and saints.

Off to the neighbours for Sunday lunch today which will no doubt be a boozy one. Roast beef I believe.

Hope you aren't too depressed after yesterday's results. Losing away to Man U is NOT the end of the world. Still a long way to go but at least we're showing fighting spirit under Dyche. I think we'll stay up unless the PL decide to make an example of us on FFP. It wouldn't surprise me if I'm honest but there's so much money at stake you can guarantee that we'd fight it in court which may push it down the road a bit.

Anyway, on that note, I hope you all have a great Easter Sunday. lol

Happy Easter everybody. I too love old churches and cathedrals. County Durham and Northumberland are also full of saints. St Bede and St Cuthbert are at rest in Durham cathedral - some parts of which are over 1000 years old. You can visit their tombs. St Oswald was a king of Northumbria and we are not too far away from Holy Island aka Lindisfarne, where the beautiful Lindisfarne gospels originated.
You can also find StvCuthbert's beads on the beach at Holy Island which are tiny fossilised plant stems. Legend has it that St Cuthbert used them to make his rosary beads.

Our Easter Sunday lunch was Coffee lamb with garlic spuds ,mint sauce ( Finnish style ,like a jam ,no vinegar ) and coffee sauce .I hope all had a good egg hunt and if they didn't find any eggs let us hope they find a striker . Not the end of the world as @Barnfred 55 says but we were a class below them and it could have been double figures .The first time Sean made a mess of our tactics but worrying he couldn't see it until half time .COYB1681035212072.webp

Our Easter Sunday lunch was Coffee lamb with garlic spuds ,mint sauce ( Finnish style ,like a jam ,no vinegar ) and coffee sauce .I hope all had a good egg hunt and if they didn't find any eggs let us hope they find a striker . Not the end of the world as @Barnfred 55 says but we were a class below them and it could have been double figures .The first time Sean made a mess of our tactics but worrying he couldn't see it until half time .COYBView attachment 208304
Lamb with coffee sauce.

Compliments to the chef 😀

The front gets zero sun for the 6 months between the clocks changing, so it gets wet, generally, it stays wet. Like I have said, it is meadow grass, not some normal lawn, so sometimes you just cant put it off. Looks nice when its done mind.
I know exactly what you mean. Meadow grass is no comparison to cutting the front garden.

Unlike yourself I have had a lazy day. Mass this morning, which was really good and quite novel actually, turkey dinner then a few pints out for the football.

Re Mass, our Priest at one point invited the congregation to pick out someone you didn’t know or someone you haven’t spoken to in too long, and just go over and say hello and Happy Easter. Even a hug is permitted we were told 😀. So off we all went, mid Mass, off to greet an unfamiliar face.

Such a simple thing but it worked a treat. A lovely vibe around the place after like one big family.

I know exactly what you mean. Meadow grass is no comparison to cutting the front garden.

Unlike yourself I have had a lazy day. Mass this morning, which was really good and quite novel actually, turkey dinner then a few pints out for the football.

Re Mass, our Priest at one point invited the congregation to pick out someone you didn’t know or someone you haven’t spoken to in too long, and just go over and say hello and Happy Easter. Even a hug is permitted we were told 😀. So off we all went, mid Mass, off to greet an unfamiliar face.

Such a simple thing but it worked a treat. A lovely vibe around the place after like one big family.
It doesn't take a lot to make a big difference .You will remember that forever ,the next step is for you to reciprocate with a similar action.

I have only been to church once in ROI. SIL wedding. And the difference was astounding to what I was used to in England. In a good way. At one point, all the kids from the village trooped in; not in their Sunday Best, but footie shirts, shorts, all sorts. Was triffic.

It doesn't take a lot to make a big difference .You will remember that forever ,the next step is for you to reciprocate with a similar action.
Agreed. On Thursday I got to see a Polish celebration which was centred around the blessing of bread.

Today I was talking to a lady from Angola.

When you are from somewhere quite insular, to see different cultures on your doorstep is a gift.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back