Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all on this bright and beautiful day here in Finland ,I hope all are well and had a good night .There is nothing to say that hasn't been said @peteblue ne'ertheless we all want to wish you strength and your wife happiness at this very hard time and let you know we are all behind you to support if and where we can .A special good luck to your son as it must be very hard for him to understand why .Stay strong that man .

Hard day today. Remembering meeting my wife some five years after Aberfan when she lived just 12 miles away from that tragic event in 66. Talking through what she remembers, which is less each time we speak. Had a call from my son in the USA who can’t really get his head around what’s going on with his mum, wants to help but of course can do nothing. My lad in Saudi phoned to wish happy Easter and I took eggs around for my granddaughter. A mix of a day I suppose. I’ve always been the hard nosed get things done guy, but I’m struggling at the moment. Obviously when I stop feeling sorry for our current predicament I’ll be fine, but this Alzheimer’s is one barsteward of a disease. Something I’d never given a second thought to, yet now find no end of friends or family being similarly affected…..
Thoughts are with you Pete. Wish I could offer more.

Pete, mate,

I am thinking about you and your beloved wife. I will include you both in my prayers.

This is a difficult time for you all.

My sister is dealing with pancreatic cancer - inoperable - and the chemo has not shrunk the tumour. Thank God it has not increased or spread, but we are all dealing with realities that make EFC a stone in the shoe rather than what keeps us awake at night.

Stay strong my friend and be assured that we are with you!
Sorry to hear that BR.

Hard day today. Remembering meeting my wife some five years after Aberfan when she lived just 12 miles away from that tragic event in 66. Talking through what she remembers, which is less each time we speak. Had a call from my son in the USA who can’t really get his head around what’s going on with his mum, wants to help but of course can do nothing. My lad in Saudi phoned to wish happy Easter and I took eggs around for my granddaughter. A mix of a day I suppose. I’ve always been the hard nosed get things done guy, but I’m struggling at the moment. Obviously when I stop feeling sorry for our current predicament I’ll be fine, but this Alzheimer’s is one barsteward of a disease. Something I’d never given a second thought to, yet now find no end of friends or family being similarly affected…..

Pete, mate,

I am thinking about you and your beloved wife. I will include you both in my prayers.

This is a difficult time for you all.

My sister is dealing with pancreatic cancer - inoperable - and the chemo has not shrunk the tumour. Thank God it has not increased or spread, but we are all dealing with realities that make EFC a stone in the shoe rather than what keeps us awake at night.

Stay strong my friend and be assured that we are with you!
Just to echo everything that has already been said and add my thoughts and good wishes.💙

Morning all, after lovely weekend weather, it’s raining and the forecast is for it to continue all day. Yesterday’s egg hunt was a success with all eggs found, some proved more difficult than others. I had hidden them a bit too well, good job I took the precaution of photographing all the locations beforehand.
Hope the weather is better where you are and have a good day, all.💙

Morning all and Happy Easter. Bit cloudy here but signs of the sun breaking through. Hoping for a fine afternoon as my brother is hosting an egg hunt for the grandkids. I am in charge of hiding them (the eggs that is not the grandkids, although there’s a thought…. ) . I hid them so well last year, they didn’t get them all and he found one in October.lol
Have a good day, all💙
Well I helping in hiding some eggs yesterday morning and despite everyone’s best efforts were one down , the combination of a brain injury and my stupidity is a heady mix !

@peteblue to echo the words of many , I’m so sorry what you’re going through and I’m glad you have a strong family unit behind you and so many on here eloquently expressing their thoughts and support . I hope you don’t mind but I took time to light a candle for you both .

@Bluerover again I’m sorry to hear your news , I also had you and your sister in my thoughts and prayers. That you’re taking time to express king words to support another poster tells a lot about you .

I hope all posters in here have had the best weekend they could , whatever you’ve been up to and it certainly seems you’re a diverse bunch .

Well I helping in hiding some eggs yesterday morning and despite everyone’s best efforts were one down , the combination of a brain injury and my stupidity is a heady mix !

@peteblue to echo the words of many , I’m so sorry what you’re going through and I’m glad you have a strong family unit behind you and so many on here eloquently expressing their thoughts and support . I hope you don’t mind but I took time to light a candle for you both .

@Bluerover again I’m sorry to hear your news , I also had you and your sister in my thoughts and prayers. That you’re taking time to express king words to support another poster tells a lot about you .

I hope all posters in here have had the best weekend they could , whatever you’ve been up to and it certainly seems you’re a diverse bunch .

Thank you…

@Armaghtoffee glad you seemed to have solved your Ann summers conundrum, or at least come up with a plausible excuse !
Well this is the place to come for advice Harry and I’m glad we got to the bottom of it.

The support on here whenever you need to get something off your chest is just marvellous.

It’s great the many thongs we help each other out with :D

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back