Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning everyone.
Bright and sunny this morning but rain and high winds forecast for later.
Called the Dr to get the results of mum's blood tests only to be told the GP needs to see us in person. Doesn't sound good. Waiting until 4 pm will feel like eternity.
I hope you get better results than you are maybe expecting. Awful making you wait until 4pm.

Good morning all. Starting to get a bit windy here. I'm back at work today but having my usual Wednesday off tomorrow. I desperately need to go shopping tonight. The cupboards are bare. Didn't do anything fancy over Easter. Daughter worked three fourteen hour shifts - the overtime bug has bitten her. 🤣 Son stayed in Nottingham and went suit shopping. He's a groomsman for one of his friends in September.
Thinking of you and your Mum @jazzy x

Good morning all. Starting to get a bit windy here. I'm back at work today but having my usual Wednesday off tomorrow. I desperately need to go shopping tonight. The cupboards are bare. Didn't do anything fancy over Easter. Daughter worked three fourteen hour shifts - the overtime bug has bitten her. 🤣 Son stayed in Nottingham and went suit shopping. He's a groomsman for one of his friends in September.
Thinking of you and your Mum @jazzy x
Thanks Anj

Morning everyone.
Called the Dr to get the results of mum's blood tests only to be told the GP needs to see us in person. Doesn't sound good. Waiting until 4 pm will feel like eternity.
Let us all hope you are worried about nothing .Stay strong that man .

Morning everyone.
Praying for a good results! I'm hoping it's just policy.

For 10 years I got the same note in the mail saying my test was negative. Then one year, I get a voicemail late on a Friday from the doctor saying he needed to talk to me, but it was too late to call back so I freaked out all weekend. I frantically called Monday morning, talked to a nurse who said the results were negative...the doctor was just trying to be more interactive with his patients.

For 10 years I got the same note in the mail saying my test was negative. Then one year, I get a voicemail late on a Friday from the doctor saying he needed to talk to me, but it was too late to call back so I freaked out all weekend. I frantically called Monday morning, talked to a nurse who said the results were negative...the doctor was just trying to be more interactive with his patients.
Oh my goodness. I would have been past myself, creating all kinds of bad situations that it could be.

Thanks for the support and comments all, grateful…….
Look after yourself mate, I’ve been where you are with my Grandad and it’s so so hard, I’m so sorry.

We might have our differences politically mate, but we’re both Blues and human beings - I wouldn’t wish what you’re going through on my worst enemy.

All the best to you and the family.

P.s. Tories out!

Thanks VTG , here's hoping!

Just been looking at footage of the Robertson/linesman episode from the weekend. It really annoys me how the media rally around and protect everything to do with LFC. OK, the linesman probably acted a bit stupidly, but all he was doing was protecting his own space. Football officials should be entitled to leave the field at the end of a game/half without having players in their face. All he did was move his arm horizontally. It was a natural reaction as Robertson put his face into his space. It definitely wasn't an elbow as the press are making out. It had no weight in the movement and I don't think he even touched him. But the press reacted as if it was an assault on the player. No mention at all of the part Robertson played in the incident or the fact that he does this sort of thing all the time.

It makes my blood boil.

Just been looking at footage of the Robertson/linesman episode from the weekend. It really annoys me how the media rally around and protect everything to do with LFC. OK, the linesman probably acted a bit stupidly, but all he was doing was protecting his own space. Football officials should be entitled to leave the field at the end of a game/half without having players in their face. All he did was move his arm horizontally. It was a natural reaction as Robertson put his face into his space. It definitely wasn't an elbow as the press are making out. It had no weight in the movement and I don't think he even touched him. But the press reacted as if it was an assault on the player. No mention at all of the part Robertson played in the incident or the fact that he does this sort of thing all the time.

It makes my blood boil.
Looking at it objectively, I can see why the FA may punish the linesman because in his position he shouldn't be lashing out. I don't agree, but I appreciate the view.

Yet, the highlighted line in your post is the part that frustrates me the most. Has Robertson came up and confronted the linesman? Has he put his hand on him?

If yes to both, he should be facing a lengthy punishment, however many parts of the media and all RS fans continue to conveniently ignore this part.

It was Robertson who instigated it; it was he who appears to be was the aggressor. I've had people do it to me, and they've regularly ended up on their arse.

Looking at it objectively, I can see why the FA may punish the linesman because in his position he shouldn't be lashing out. I don't agree, but I appreciate the view.

Yet, the highlighted line in your post is the part that frustrates me the most. Has Robertson came up and confronted the linesman? Has he put his hand on him?

If yes to both, he should be facing a lengthy punishment, however many parts of the media and all RS fans continue to conveniently ignore this part.

It was Robertson who instigated it; it was he who appears to be was the aggressor. I've had people do it to me, and they've regularly ended up on their arse.
On the basis that if a player did it he would probably get sent off, then yes I agree in that respect. But I think players get sent off far too easily sometimes. For me ,there should be intent to cause harm and I don't think there was here.

Not sure if Robertson actually laid a hand on him, but he was certainly intimidating him and invading his space with his face, which is what triggered the reaction. But he's gotten off scott free in the media and, like you, that's what annoys me more. Same with the reaction to the Paris CL final. Yes we all know that UEFA are incompetent, and we all know what the French police are like. But would any of that have happened if 25000 RS fans hadn't tried to get in the stadium with forged tickets?. Happens every time with them too, and they always get away with it and it's somebody else's fault. Everybody else's fault in fact.

On the basis that if a player did it he would probably get sent off, then yes I agree in that respect. But I think players get sent off far too easily sometimes. For me ,there should be intent to cause harm and I don't think there was here.

Not sure if Robertson actually laid a hand on him, but he was certainly intimidating him and invading his space with his face, which is what triggered the reaction. But he's gotten off scott free in the media and, like you, that's what annoys me more. Same with the reaction to the Paris CL final. Yes we all know that UEFA are incompetent, and we all know what the French police are like. But would any of that have happened if 25000 RS fans hadn't tried to get in the stadium with forged tickets?. Happens every time with them too, and they always get away with it and it's somebody else's fault. Everybody else's fault in fact.
Robertson is a horrible little rat who got what he deserves. He should be banned for aggressively approaching the lino and laying hands on him , but hes RS and we know he won't
Got loads of sympathy for the lino but you know he will get punished.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back