Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Well I helping in hiding some eggs yesterday morning and despite everyone’s best efforts were one down , the combination of a brain injury and my stupidity is a heady mix !

@peteblue to echo the words of many , I’m so sorry what you’re going through and I’m glad you have a strong family unit behind you and so many on here eloquently expressing their thoughts and support . I hope you don’t mind but I took time to light a candle for you both .

@Bluerover again I’m sorry to hear your news , I also had you and your sister in my thoughts and prayers. That you’re taking time to express king words to support another poster tells a lot about you .

I hope all posters in here have had the best weekend they could , whatever you’ve been up to and it certainly seems you’re a diverse bunch .
Cheers Harry , Prescot Cables have just drawn 2-2 with Bootle . Unfortunately they’ve stopped the loyalty scheme at the bar , all my hard work for nothing
IMG_5399.webp

Hard day today. Remembering meeting my wife some five years after Aberfan when she lived just 12 miles away from that tragic event in 66. Talking through what she remembers, which is less each time we speak. Had a call from my son in the USA who can’t really get his head around what’s going on with his mum, wants to help but of course can do nothing. My lad in Saudi phoned to wish happy Easter and I took eggs around for my granddaughter. A mix of a day I suppose. I’ve always been the hard nosed get things done guy, but I’m struggling at the moment. Obviously when I stop feeling sorry for our current predicament I’ll be fine, but this Alzheimer’s is one barsteward of a disease. Something I’d never given a second thought to, yet now find no end of friends or family being similarly affected…..
So sorry for your situation Pete

Wait.......what???

Yeah, I think we know who was doing the searching lol
Look again.

Well this is the place to come for advice Harry and I’m glad we got to the bottom of it.

The support on here whenever you need to get something off your chest is just marvellous.

It’s great the many thongs we help each other out with :D
Puntastic ;)

Morning everyone.
Bright and sunny this morning but rain and high winds forecast for later.
Called the Dr to get the results of mum's blood tests only to be told the GP needs to see us in person. Doesn't sound good. Waiting until 4 pm will feel like eternity.
It's bad mate. Very bad. So much so that the neighbours just called to put off a trip to the supermarket until tomorrow. Driving rain and 60mph winds down here.

Morning everyone.
Bright and sunny this morning but rain and high winds forecast for later.
Called the Dr to get the results of mum's blood tests only to be told the GP needs to see us in person. Doesn't sound good. Waiting until 4 pm will feel like eternity.
Can’t be easy mate , I’m sure the wait won’t be easy especially when all you can do is that , wait . Fingers crossed for you all mate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back