Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Jeez what a terrible day . This team is beyond terrible. Unless Southampton, Forest and Leicester fail to pick up a point in their remaining games I fail to see how this team of losers stay up.
Disgusting how far we have fallen.
It makes me really sad to see how things are. I can't see a way out either. How have we ended up in such a mess.

Gutting result. I’m a positive person but one of those times for me I need to remind myself that it’s just football.

The important things of my day were an early walk with my Mum then eggs on toast. My little niece here pre game for minding and toddlers bring all the craic.

Post game, me and my sons just putting Everton and Armagh football to rites. Not old enough to drink but talking more sense than the Newspapers.

I’m blessed and I know it. Someday I will wish for this day back.

UTFT.
Great Post AT. You are indeed right that we need to remind ourselves that is just a game and has no real impact on our daily lives. I'm ringing my Dad later for the post mortem! Hope you had a fun time with your little niece.

Almost 24 hours on from that disgraceful performance yesterday and I still can't believe it. No idea what Dyche was thinking , going 442 and playing Maupay and then blowing his top when a pundit had the temerity to ask why he changed formation.
I'm equally surprised that I'm still arsed about the fortunes of EFC but despite the best efforts of Kenwright, DBB and Moshiri I still love the club.
Can't wait for the end of the season so Everton will no longer wreck my weekends.

Good afternoon all. Hope you are having a good Sunday. I've had a lovely day so far. My 6 hours overtime was interrupted by a spontaneous visit to a carvery. Instigated by daughter, who was supposed to be going with her boyfriend. His 87 yr old granddad who he lives with wasn't very well - he's got gout, so boyfriend cancelled to sort Granddad out. Daughter decided that Mum and Dad would have to be carvery companions because 'I really want one'. So now I'm stuffed! Planted some bulbs and vegetables this afternoon. Next month's project is sorting out the hanging baskets.

I'm watching Nottingham Forest v Manchester United and hoping that Man U score at least one more goal to keep Forest at bay. The Forest goalie is having a blinder though.

Just a little reminder - in two month's time I will be watching The Boss at Villa Park (have I mentioned I'm going? 🤣 🤣 )

Enjoy the rest of Sunday.

Good afternoon all. Hope you are having a good Sunday. I've had a lovely day so far. My 6 hours overtime was interrupted by a spontaneous visit to a carvery. Instigated by daughter, who was supposed to be going with her boyfriend. His 87 yr old granddad who he lives with wasn't very well - he's got gout, so boyfriend cancelled to sort Granddad out. Daughter decided that Mum and Dad would have to be carvery companions because 'I really want one'. So now I'm stuffed! Planted some bulbs and vegetables this afternoon. Next month's project is sorting out the hanging baskets.

I'm watching Nottingham Forest v Manchester United and hoping that Man U score at least one more goal to keep Forest at bay. The Forest goalie is having a blinder though.

Just a little reminder - in two month's time I will be watching The Boss at Villa Park (have I mentioned I'm going? 🤣 🤣 )

Diego has just made your dream come true lol

Mr G. decided to take a trip down memory lane, metaphorically and physically, this afternoon so we’ve been on a tour round the country lanes of Huntingdonshire where he misspent his youth and generally upset the peace and quiet on his motorbike. lol
Here’s some pics of St. John’s Church, Little Gidding. It’s only small but has quite a history, I’ve put in a link for anyone interested.
IMG_0619.jpegIMG_0618.jpegIMG_0616.jpegIMG_0620.webp

I’m seeing him 3 weeks on Tuesday in Dublin, have I mentioned that :D ?. (Then Edinburgh and two in Copenhagen, you need to retire Anj).

Mr G. decided to take a trip down memory lane, metaphorically and physically, this afternoon so we’ve been on a tour round the country lanes of Huntingdonshire where he misspent his youth and generally upset the peace and quiet on his motorbike. lol
Here’s some pics of St. John’s Church, Little Gidding. It’s only small but has quite a history, I’ve put in a link for anyone interested.
View attachment 208721View attachment 208722View attachment 208723View attachment 208724
Great photos

View attachment 208721View attachment 208722View attachment 208723View attachment 208724
How lovely x

Hello folks .

Well Saturday’s result certainly took the wind out of my sails . I was the current ‘mrs’ flashman’s birthday over the weekend so I flew out of the game to get showered , changed for an evening of dining and cocktails . With the delay to the race I managed to watch that and even win a much needed few Bob on Corach rambler before a heavily overdressed Harry met up with the chaps for a swift pint and then timed my restaurant arrival perfectly! The food was excellent and a little hidden /speakeasy type cocktail bar was the perfect location to end the night .

I managed to put the game behind me but it’s difficult to completely dismiss it now the week is here . However what can you do but focus on whatever else right ?

I’m hoping on a variety of updates from the usual suspects to brighten my mood and the sun is out so I’ll settle for that .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back