Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hi all. I have some sad news. My brother found our lovely Dad dead in bed this morning. I'm off to Liverpool soon. I suppose its a nice way to go -in your sleep, in your own bed, at home, when you are almost 86.
Horrible news. Losing a parent (at any age) is always a sad time. Condolences to you and the rest of your family Anj. 💙

Hi all. I have some sad news. My brother found our lovely Dad dead in bed this morning. I'm off to Liverpool soon. I suppose its a nice way to go -in your sleep, in your own bed, at home, when you are almost 86.
So sad to hear you have lost your Dad ,it doesn't matter when or how old it is a terrible thing to endure ,I wish you all the strength in this sad time .

Hi all. I have some sad news. My brother found our lovely Dad dead in bed this morning. I'm off to Liverpool soon. I suppose it’s a nice way to go -in your sleep, in your own bed, at home, when you are almost 86.

Really sorry to hear this Anj, but as you say he lived to a good age and didn’t suffer at his death. It’s a terrible thing for you and your family to go through and I can only wish you all the strength to get through this….

Oh no , I'm so sorry for your loss Anj , I can only imagine that you are inconsolable. With mum having been very poorly I have with some guilt envisioned going over to see her in her Granny annexe only to find that she's never woken up. So, yes if there's a good painless way to go that would be it.I hope that you got the time to say all the things that you wanted to your dad. Once again , I'm.so very sorry and please accept my sincere condolences. x

Very sorry to hear Anj, I use to like your stories of when you use to go visit him, sending my condolences

I'm so sorry for your loss. I agree though that it's a better way to go than a lot of other scenarios. Keep well my friend.

I hope the rest of you all are in decent form and enjoying the (brief) upturn in the weather.

With hints of summer in the air I decided to see if I can grow a few pots of gladioli. I had them lying about unused and thought why not? I will report back on progress!

In more interesting stuff, my never ending Everton hope is back and I think we might just do this. It’ll be tight and likely last day but I think I would take that scenario right now.

Thank you all for your kind words it is greatly appreciated. My brother said Dad was fine last night - yes his health issues were still there but brother made him his tea, he ate it all, they chatted about the news, moaned about Everton and he went off to bed. Brother got up for work this morning Dad was usually up and awake . When brother didn't hear him up, he went into his bedroom and found him. Very sad but it is the way he wanted it to be.
I'm hoping he can have a word with the Big Man and save Everton!

Bloody hell Anj, I’m so sorry.

It’s how we’d all want to go, at least, but that’s never really any consolation.

Couldn’t help but smile when you said the last thing he did before bed was moan about Everton. I don’t doubt it’ll be the same for a lot of us in here! At least he’s spared any more of us. I’m sure it’s all reruns of title wins, the 95 cup final and the Carsley derby up there. He’ll be made up.

Morning everyone ,

I can only echo AT's words this morning - my thoughts are with you @anjelikaferrett and would also like to hear from @Terrarian . Whilst I'm on the subject it seems like a long time since we heard from @larbert toffee , I hope that you are all ok.

Beautiful day today. When I've finished taking my weekly blood pressure readings ( allways avoid Saturdays for some reason!) I will go and sort mum out.

Mrs J at the Rescue shop today so a bit of gardening and then relax in the sun I think. Only problem is that I started a new gym programme this week and had a very heavy leg session yesterday and today I can hardly walk!

Take care everyone.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back