Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I thought dungarees were jeans with a bib. Did I miss something in the 70s?
Didn’t have dungarees but I went to a wedding in the 70’s wearing a yellow maxi dress with a bib and brace top lol. If I find the photo I’ll post it, should give you all a good laugh. Enjoy the wedding.
Searching through some old photos and found this, it’s a bit fuzzy, like melol.

View attachment 209154
You are correct they are, I had a maxi dress with bib and brace top, not dungarees, plus some lovely navy platform shoes🤣🤣. It was 1973.

Morning everyone.

@larbert toffee and @anjelikaferrett I hope that you both managed to have a restful weekend and that the days ahead are not too stressful and painful.

Mrs J starting to get excited about her holiday , she goes a week today , and either her thirst for yet another holiday or guilt she brought up the prospect of a September holiday saying that her older sister has agreed to stay and look after mum and the animals ( great name for a pop group n'est pas?). Anyway we agreed to go back to Kalkan in Turkey that we last visited 20 years ago so that should be good.

Enjoyed watching the scenes from Wrexham and their promotion over the weekend, reminds me that football can be joyful instead of the stress and heartache of watching our dross.

Anyway gym and gardening today , have a lovely day all.
Loved the Animals. This cover is one of my favourite tracks by them.

Hi all, hope you are OK. I had a good weekend. Son was here from Nottingham and his girlfriend drove up on Saturday with a load of home cooked food she had made for Mr F and daughter to have while I'm back in Liverpool. How kind is that?
I've spent today sorting out probate and informing pension people and the like. I think I'm up to the point where I can't do anything else until we have a death certificate. We also have a date for the funeral so that's good. It's going to be 9 May
I'm back to Liverpool tomorrow. Going out for tea tonight with some work chums celebrating another colleagues start of maternity leave. It's a lovely story. Three heartbreaking failed IVFs where the baby miscarried at 10 weeks then conceived totally naturally. She's so excited.

Have a good day all x
That’s such a lovely story about your friend, fingers crossed all goes well for her. Hope things are going smoothly re- the probate etc. My brother had to travel to Newcastle to sort Mum’s probate as she wouldn’t make a will, she thought it would be bad luck.
Enjoy your tea.

Hi all, hope you are OK. I had a good weekend. Son was here from Nottingham and his girlfriend drove up on Saturday with a load of home cooked food she had made for Mr F and daughter to have while I'm back in Liverpool. How kind is that?
I've spent today sorting out probate and informing pension people and the like. I think I'm up to the point where I can't do anything else until we have a death certificate. We also have a date for the funeral so that's good. It's going to be 9 May
I'm back to Liverpool tomorrow. Going out for tea tonight with some work chums celebrating another colleagues start of maternity leave. It's a lovely story. Three heartbreaking failed IVFs where the baby miscarried at 10 weeks then conceived totally naturally. She's so excited.

Have a good day all x

Strange how it works. A bereavement and the hope of a new birth. Always remember the past but look to the future and the little ones who follow……

Good morning all on this overcast day here in Finland .I hope all had a good night and have a great day .I have belatedly been chopping down firewood which is not the best thing as the sap has well started rising ( meaning longer drying ) but life is as it is .Now it is the splitting before going out under a tarp to dry -that is the wood not me ! COYB
I see we are playing Newcastle whilst they are out of form. Hope springs eternal.
I would be nice to hear from @Terrarian ,I have PMed him a couple of times and he is usually prompt with a reply but not this time .Here is hoping he is on a cruise somewhere warm where they allow Daisy .

Good morning all on this overcast day here in Finland .I hope all had a good night and have a great day .I have belatedly been chopping down firewood which is not the best thing as the sap has well started rising ( meaning longer drying ) but life is as it is .Now it is the splitting before going out under a tarp to dry -that is the wood not me ! COYB
I see we are playing Newcastle whilst they are out of form. Hope springs eternal.
I would be nice to hear from @Terrarian ,I have PMed him a couple of times and he is usually prompt with a reply but not this time .Here is hoping he is on a cruise somewhere warm where they allow Daisy .
I’d rather play Newcastle in this run of form rather than them on a losing streak.

How long does the cut wood take to dry blue?

Morning all, beautiful bright morning here and early start as doing breakfast and school run for grandson today. Things seem to have settled down for him re his bullying issues. He has been put into what they call a nurture form. The kids in there have varying issues but he seems to be more settled and that’s the main thing. @blue1948 thanks for the update re @Terrarian, hope he’s having too much of a good time to bother with us lot!
Have a good day, all.💙

T hasn't been on the website for a month Blue so he wouldn't even have seen your PMs. Hopefully he is just so disillusioned he's staying away from all things Everton for a while, and it isn't anything more serious than that.

T hasn't been on the website for a month Blue so he wouldn't even have seen your PMs. Hopefully he is just so disillusioned he's staying away from all things Everton for a while, and it isn't anything more serious than that.
Actually I don't think that's right Fred. If I get a PM I also get an email telling me someone has messaged me.
Yes it is a bit of a worry that we haven't heard from T

@anjelikaferrett @Armaghtoffee

Wedding photo of grandmother (Phyllis; only living grandparent) and grandfather (Robert)...moms side of the fam. She's from a tiny (2020 census was 115 people, who knows what it was in the 30's!) town in North Dakota (Wildrose) and he was from another small town; Craig, Colorado. Deffo where I got my height from.

52382178696_f70bb77b60_k.jpg
3/5/1930-24/4/3023

Rquiescat in Pace

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back