Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning everyone.

Lovely day here today. So, Sunday morning yoga then get stuck into the garden, lots of grass to cut. Might even sit out for an hour in the sun.

Mrs J back early hours of Tuesday and as tomorrow threatens to be a washout I will give the house a good clean to welcome her back before nervously watching our game v Brighton.

For some strange reason didn't watch Nicole in full Viking mode and went for the 2022 Batman shot in part in Liverpool. What a dreadful movie , 3 hours I will hever get back. Sorry Nicole, I'll see you tonight.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Good morning all. Greetings from what looks like a sunny Liverpool. Arrived yesterday, it was lovely to see my youngest niece who has travelled over for Dad's funeral. She's 18, studying to be a nurse and had a very close bond with Dad. They used to write to each other - proper letters - none of this email malarkey. It was so sweet.

Don't know if I told you that we were planning on bringing Dad home tomorrow so the funeral can leave from his house on Tuesday. We'll have a few drinks on Monday ( we've fully embraced the Irish Catholic wake idea. He did specify that he wanted exactly the same as Mum and he did that for her) and we, as in his children and grandchildren, have decided that it will be entirely appropriate to watch the Everton match while he is home with us. He had a season ticket in the 50s and 60s. Like all of us, he had a love hate relationship with the blues, was exasperated by them - swearing at the telly but never not watching. His favourite ever player was Alex Young and we think he would like to watch Monday's match with all his family. I'm away to Costco later to get some goodies for us to snack on while watching said match!
I'm still not sleeping. I keep waking up thinking that I've forgotten something really important. My brother says it is the same with him. I'm sure we haven't.

Good morning all. Greetings from what looks like a sunny Liverpool. Arrived yesterday, it was lovely to see my youngest niece who has travelled over for Dad's funeral. She's 18, studying to be a nurse and had a very close bond with Dad. They used to write to each other - proper letters - none of this email malarkey. It was so sweet.

Don't know if I told you that we were planning on bringing Dad home tomorrow so the funeral can leave from his house on Tuesday. We'll have a few drinks on Monday ( we've fully embraced the Irish Catholic wake idea. He did specify that he wanted exactly the same as Mum and he did that for her) and we, as in his children and grandchildren, have decided that it will be entirely appropriate to watch the Everton match while he is home with us. He had a season ticket in the 50s and 60s. Like all of us, he had a love hate relationship with the blues, was exasperated by them - swearing at the telly but never not watching. His favourite ever player was Alex Young and we think he would like to watch Monday's match with all his family. I'm away to Costco later to get some goodies for us to snack on while watching said match!
I'm still not sleeping. I keep waking up thinking that I've forgotten something really important. My brother says it is the same with him. I'm sure we haven't.

Try to sleep and not worry - ultimately, I suspect that'd be what your dad would have wanted. Speak to the funeral directors and the rest will sort itself out.

When you're going to Costco, take some time to drive up to BMD, have a mooch around and have a drink in the Bramley Moore if you can.

It's scale only becomes apparent when you're up close. Today is a busy day for us as my son has a few matches for United and then a cricket match late on.

I was hoping to squeeze in a game of golf, but that ain't going to happen.

Oh Anj I love that post and I can feel the love and sadness for your dad in every word. Take care x

Try to sleep and not worry - ultimately, I suspect that'd be what your dad would have wanted. Speak to the funeral directors and the rest will sort itself out.

When you're going to Costco, take some time to drive up to BMD, have a mooch around and have a drink in the Bramley Moore if you can.

It's scale only becomes apparent when you're up close. Today is a busy day for us as my son has a few matches for United and then a cricket match late on.

I was hoping to squeeze in a game of golf, but that ain't going to happen.
Yeah definitely try to get down to BMD and see the stadium. It's only a minute away from Costco and the only good thing about Everton right now.

Aw Anj, what a lovely thing to do to honour your Dad. I am in awe as I’m sure I wouldn’t have the strength. It’s only natural that sleep eludes you at the moment with thoughts whirling round your head but when things settle down it will return. My thoughts are with you.💙

If you're really lucky you'll fall asleep during the match Anj.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back