Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all. A trip to the vet is called for later. The cat has a poorly eye. She can't ( or won't) open it. I've tried some gentle cleaning but she still isn't opening it. This is going to be fun. Last time she went to the vet, the vet had to get assistance and wrap the cat up in a towel so she could give her a tablet. Not because of any aggressive behaviour, she's just super wriggly and the vet couldn’t hold her still.
I shall be cheering on the Toon tonight.

we need a striker and 2 full backs too Pete , but that's just between friends
What we need right now Jazz is for Newcastle to beat Leicester tonight. Then a point next week will be enough. Leeds have their own injury concerns and every one of their fans would rather find themselves in the position that we're in right now. It's strange times when we are cheering on the likes of The Barcodes, The RS and West Ham. Strange times indeed.

What's for sure is that, if we do stay up, it's only because there are worse teams around us.

Just given my bedding a much needed wash and it's now hanging on the clothes line basking in the glorious sunshine we still have down here. Cal would have done a couple of 360 rotations if she knew I hadn't changed the bedding over the winter. Anyway I've given it the full works including the pillow and mattress protectors. I'll give them a couple more cleans over the summer so i won't feel too guilty about neglecting it in the winter. It's a pain to dry since the tumble dryer packed in and I'm not getting a new one just for the bedding.

Weather forecast is great for the week ahead so may have a few days out. Will go for a walk this afternoon and was planning to have another barbie tonight but just noticed that the crispy duck I bought when I was in Marksies on Friday is use by today.

Hope you all have a great week and don't fret too much about next weekend.

The cat has an ulcer on her eye. She now has two lots of eye drops which have to be given four times a day with a twenty minute interval between the first lot and the second lot. She also hasto stay in until Friday. She is not going to like that at all. Oh, and I'm £157 worse off than I was an hour ago. She's worth it though. I do have pet insurance so can claim some of it back.

The cat has an ulcer on her eye. She now has two lots of eye drops which have to be given four times a day with a twenty minute interval between the first lot and the second lot. She also hasto stay in until Friday. She is not going to like that at all. Oh, and I'm £157 worse off than I was an hour ago. She's worth it though. I do have pet insurance so can claim some of it back.
Get well soon fur baby

Had a very enjoyable walk this afternoon down through Carwinion woods to a rocky beach on the Helford. Carwinion is a beautiful wooded glade and I managed to catch the last of the Bluebell showing. Once I got to the bottom I, not for the first time, regretted not taking my swimming gear. As long as the wind isn't blowing from the East this side of the Helford can be a real sun trap.

Walking around here really massages the whole sensory system; the sights, the sounds, the smells, everything. You can see why artists and poets get so much inspiration down here. Anyway after a round 3 mile hike I stopped off at the Red Lion for a much deserved pint of cold lager. ;)

Afternoon everyone ,

Well I finally finished emptying the compost tip and mulching today. Pretty tired but the areas mulched look good.

Decided that the tension of next Sunday might be too much so booked the last available tickets to take Mrs J to Jools Holland at the Phil next Sunday. The gig starts at 7.30 and the game finishes at 6.30 so I guess I will miss the denoument on TV. Anyway either way I intend to enjoy that evening.

Come on Newcastle!!!!!

Well not a great result tonight. I guess you would have taken a beat Bournemouth to stay up some weeks ago but perhaps not when the team is bereft of it's only striker and with no full backs.
very, very nervous.

We’ll be fine or will deserve to go down. How many goals has DCL scored ? Mina, Coady and Iwobi have scored as many and Doucoure, Gray and McNeil have scored more. Play McNeil and Gray up front, drop Onana and we’ll do ok…..

We’ll be fine or will deserve to go down. How many goals has DCL scored ? Mina, Coady and Iwobi have scored as many and Doucoure, Gray and McNeil have scored more. Play McNeil and Gray up front, drop Onana and we’ll do ok…..
I don't understand the Onana point , who would you have in ? Davies ? I worry that too many know it is their last game as I can't for the life of me see Dyche having a few of them next season and then there are the ones we might have to sell to float the boat.
I can quite imagine Pickford , Onana and a couple more sold for funds and then there are the out of contracts Davies ,Yerry and more .It will be a different team for sure next season .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back