Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

God that was agony last night.
Having undertaken an incredibly scientific study I've concluded that supporting Everton is very bad for your health.
I might even give up on football after this season!
It's Tuesday so it's Mrs J in the Rescue shop and me doing mum's big shop and cooking for her (sea bass and crushed new potatoes today).
Then an hour in the sun and a read of my book I think.
Have a lovely day - if you can!

Morning all, another cloudy one. The sun is taking its time to put in appearance again. Was three o’clock yesterday afternoon before it came out . Had planned to go to Hunstanton yesterday but after seeing the forecast decided to put it off until today. Today after seeing forecast rinse and repeatlol.
Hope your cat is recovering @anjelikaferrett .
Have a good day, all💙

Hey guys, big day next week for us. We're in the best position out of those in trouble at least, unfortunately home form doesn't seem to guarantee anything against anyone but the crowd will do their best as always.

I think we'll do it though, no negative vibes here.

I'm not eating great at the minute, no idea why and I think it's catching up with me, I feel tired all the time. On a more poositive note, ,my headaches are still doing well, I have them and still take far too many painkillers but but since I started on these anti-psych tablets I haven't had a skull crusher so i will take that.

Enjoy your week and try not too stress too much, que sera sera

I don't understand the Onana point , who would you have in ? Davies ? I worry that too many know it is their last game as I can't for the life of me see Dyche having a few of them next season and then there are the ones we might have to sell to float the boat.
I can quite imagine Pickford , Onana and a couple more sold for funds and then there are the out of contracts Davies ,Yerry and more .It will be a different team for sure next season .
Fully agree Blue. For some reason Onana has become the new popular whipping boy on here. I love him. Still very young and loads to learn, but his attitude, similar to Yerry,is absolutely spot on. Whatever happens next week we'll lose both players next season and I will miss them.

Fully agree Blue. For some reason Onana has become the new popular whipping boy on here. I love him. Still very young and loads to learn, but his attitude, similar to Yerry,is absolutely spot on. Whatever happens next week we'll lose both players next season and I will miss them.
He's undoubtedly a good prospect Fred but at £35 million can a club like us afford that and allow him time to develop. Similarly Mina - great when fit - but £120 k a week when he's available for half the season ?

My only gripe with Onana is just talking about moving on when away on international duty. I wish they would focus their best energy on the club they are at, in a dire situation that he helped create with the other players and then talks about leaving. What's has he done to warrant this?

However he is 21 and it is his first full season as a pro in a much harder league so ideally I want him here next season as he should start getting better.

yerry gets loads because he's always injured but I love him and he's by far our best defender. Injuries are a nightmare.

He's undoubtedly a good prospect Fred but at £35 million can a club like us afford that and allow him time to develop. Similarly Mina - great when fit - but £120 k a week when he's available for half the season ?
That doesn't excuse the stick both players get on here.

Onana won't stay next season and we'll likely turn at least a £10m profit on 12 months when we sell him. He's the sort of player we should be building our team around going forward and shouldn't be the fans scapegoat for the shortcomings of inferior more senior players.

Mina is by far and away our best defender. Sadly he's very injury prone which I accept prevents us from extending his contract. But that isn't his fault. He clearly loves the club and his attitude is brilliant. IMO if either of our managers had used him more when he's been available this season we wouldn't be biting our nails going into the last game of the season.

That doesn't excuse the stick both players get on here.

Onana won't stay next season and we'll likely turn at least a £10m profit on 12 months when we sell him. He's the sort of player we should be building our team around going forward and shouldn't be the fans scapegoat for the shortcomings of inferior more senior players.

Mina is by far and away our best defender. Sadly he's very injury prone which I accept prevents us from extending his contract. But that isn't his fault. He clearly loves the club and his attitude is brilliant. IMO if either of our managers had used him more when he's been available this season we wouldn't be biting our nails going into the last game of the season.
It's the biggest stick to beat Dyche with, Mina was available and ignored far too long

My only gripe with Onana is just talking about moving on when away on international duty. I wish they would focus their best energy on the club they are at, in a dire situation that he helped create with the other players and then talks about leaving. What's has he done to warrant this?

However he is 21 and it is his first full season as a pro in a much harder league so ideally I want him here next season as he should start getting better.

yerry gets loads because he's always injured but I love him and he's by far our best defender. Injuries are a nightmare.
Onana could have gone in January but wanted to stay and help the club stay in the Premier League. There's been lots of press speculation about him leaving so he gets asked the question when he's on International breaks. Again, not his fault. I think he's stood by us. We'll make money on him when he leaves so how is that a bad buy.

It isn't his fault the club sold our best striker and didn't spend money on adequate cover for Dom.

Onana could have gone in January but wanted to stay and help the club stay in the Premier League. There's been lots of press speculation about him leaving so he gets asked the question when he's on International breaks. Again, not his fault. I think he's stood by us. We'll make money on him seen he leaves so how is that a bad buy.

It isn't his fault the club sold our best striker and didn't spend money on adequate cover for Dom.
I don't agree with the stick he gets but a lot do on here let's be honest I also don't understand what he has done to warrant CL clubs wanting him 3 months after being here. I want him to stay and become that player with us before scooting off.

I'm not one for worrying about transfer fees, I'm not interested in if it's a good or bad buy financially, I want performances on the pitch, that is all that matters for me. Play well and these transfers take care of themselves. he is all hype at the moment, I would like him to show why he is so hyped.

I don't agree with the stick he gets but a lot do on here let's be honest I also don't understand what he has done to warrant CL clubs wanting him 3 months after being here. I want him to stay and become that player with us before scooting off.

I'm not one for worrying about transfer fees, I'm not interested in if it's a good or bad buy financially, I want performances on the pitch, that is all that matters for me. Play well and these transfers take care of themselves. he is all hype at the moment, I would like him to show why he is so hyped.
Disagree T. He's more than hype. He's young and inexperienced but doing just fine for a 21 yo in the hardest league in the world. He's now a regular in the Belgian national squad, one of the highest ranked in the world.

People's expectations are the problem here. They all expect him to be a Bellingham or Mbappe. Its unrealistic.

Disagree T. He's more than hype. He's young and inexperienced but doing just fine for a 21 yo in the hardest league in the world. He's now a regular in the Belgian national squad, one of the highest ranked in the world.

People's expectations are the problem here. They all expect him to be a Bellingham or Mbappe. Its unrealistic.
Well that unfortunately come with the price tag, people think he's an established pro without looking into the nuances of his career so far. We can disagree on the hype thing, we all have opinions, me, I don't think he's earned it yet but it doesn't come from a place of hate.

I want him to stay he will become a good player no doubt. He has done very well in his first season but a lot of room for improvement also, which will come naturally with game time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back