Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I don't understand the Onana point , who would you have in ? Davies ? I worry that too many know it is their last game as I can't for the life of me see Dyche having a few of them next season and then there are the ones we might have to sell to float the boat.
I can quite imagine Pickford , Onana and a couple more sold for funds and then there are the out of contracts Davies ,Yerry and more .It will be a different team for sure next season .

I think Onana is and will be a great player, but at the moment the midfield doesn’t seem to work as well when he’s in. I want to see Gray taking the ball forward in a game that is about winning and nothing else. If we stay up and Onana stays he will be good for us as we rebuild, but this is a one off, life or death game and we need a team that clicks. Just my opinion obviously…..

Good afternoon all. Good discussions above about who stays and who goes. I guess it comes down to where we play our football next season. If we stay up I hope Onana stays. He's a great prospect and we need youngsters like him.
DCL has pretty much been missing for two years and we haven't successfully filled his absence. That's a huge problem. To be honest we've never successfully replaced Lukaku.
In other news the cat is recovering nicely- tried to wreck the house (climbed up curtains, clawed the couch and almost knocked over the TV) when we wouldn't let her go out.

Good to see the state backed, sportswashing murderers qualified for the Champions League.

The Relegtion thread is a real example of people choosing the darkest, most bleak scenario in their head at every opportunity. It’s like their default is to wallow in utter despair.

Indeed, it’s proving hard for some of them, I hope they don’t have any really serious things in life to worry about, especially as we are going to stay up anyway……

My cat, Mert, absolutely floors me. Been asleep all day, trots down the stairs, paws at the patio door to be let out, first thing he does? Lick his balls, (well, whats left of them). I have a pee, have a cuppa, turn the radio on, before I would even consider doing that after waking up.

But he seems happy.
You just aren’t as flexible as you used to be mate

They say memories are golden
Well maybe that is true
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you
A million times I needed you
A million times I cried
If love alone could have saved you
You never would have died
In life I loved you dearly
In death I love you still
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.

edit. Pal of Nikki's mum penned that. @Barnfred 55 I am sure we are not the only 2 lads, or lasses that will chime with that.

edit. Or at least she told me that

Well maybe that is true
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you
A million times I cried
no one could ever fill.

edit. Pal of Nikki's mum penned that. @Barnfred 55 I am sure we are not the only 2 lads, or lasses that will chime with that.

So very true Mark. But sadly, all we have is memories. And we have to make the most of that. They are there to be cherished and I do that every day. Not sure I've got to a million yet but I'm certainly on the way.

Well maybe that is true
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you
A million times I cried
no one could ever fill.

It’s a lovely poem which I believe would sum up most of all our thoughts of our partners. Thanks for sharing it, I hope that it’s a long time before I may use it, but it does say it all……

Well maybe that is true
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you
A million times I cried
no one could ever fill.

Beautiful words, “like” doesn’t do them justice. 💙💙💙

Maudlin…does anyone experience this, while thinking about their partners or others. I tend to do this every Sunday evening after we’ve had our Sunday meal and I’m left sitting at the dining table with a bottle of red and watching YouTube songs that are a direct reminder of my wife as she was. It’s pure self pity and I’m not proud of it, but it usually results in me playing oldish music and my wife and I dancing together. I suppose this is the true definition of maudlin….

Maudlin…does anyone experience this, while thinking about their partners or others. I tend to do this every Sunday evening after we’ve had our Sunday meal and I’m left sitting at the dining table with a bottle of red and watching YouTube songs that are a direct reminder of my wife as she was. It’s pure self pity and I’m not proud of it, but it usually results in me playing oldish music and my wife and I dancing together. I suppose this is the true definition of maudlin….

there is a musician called The Caretaker, whose music is based on old ballroom songs. A lot of people have said how much the music helps them understand it all, and brings partners/families as both are hearing kind of the same thing, if that makes sense (as you will see in the comments)

His biggest project for this is 6 hours., which is the one specifically about the illness, and all the stages

but he has a bit more 'upbeat' albums too -

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back