Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I am fully aware of how much you thought of, cherished, loved and looked after Nikki and I am and will be eternally grateful to you that allowed her to be so happy , feel so loved and content with her "adopted family" I couldn't ask for any more for her.
Yes, I have sad days too, a few tears and "if only"s, but life has a way of slapping us where it hurts most and we have to accept it and deal with it in the best way we can.
Be happy, live your life as best you can until it is your turn to join her.

Email from Nikki's mum earlier. Brings a lump, and then some. Just wanted to share.

Bit of a downer following Freds adventures, but this is what this corner of of the internet is all about, I think so anyrate.

Forza Nikki.

I am fully aware of how much you thought of, cherished, loved and looked after Nikki and I am and will be eternally grateful to you that allowed her to be so happy , feel so loved and content with her "adopted family" I couldn't ask for any more for her.
Yes, I have sad days too, a few tears and "if only"s, but life has a way of slapping us where it hurts most and we have to accept it and deal with it in the best way we can.

Email from Nikki's mum earlier. Brings a lump, and then some. Just wanted to share.

Bit of a downer following Freds adventures, but this is what this corner of of the internet is all about, I think so anyrate.

Forza Nikki.
💙🩵💙

That the one on the chains? Was ace that. Safe? Lost count of the times I fell out of a yacht or a fishing boat with a titchy chuffa outboard! The parents stayed in the caravans, us kids had small tents, (know why now!), would survive on pasties, until a BBQ on a cove or in the field in the evening. Just blissful holidays. Me and Sis still giggle about the scrapes we got into.
That's not the safe I was talking about, if you get my drift.

AC/DC UK is the name of the tribute band. Guns 2 Roses is the other one who are pretty well known so will be the main act.
I'm sure both will be great though so Im up for that. The Lightning Seeds (the real ones) are on too and quite fancy seeing them.

Edit. Got chatting to a lovely family so didn't post this 2 hours ago and there was no WiFi in the curry house

Forza Nikki.
It's always hard for a parent when one of their children dies first. Irrespective of age. It's not the natural way of things.

Well had a lovely tea. The restaurant did a naga chicken and the bhindi bhaji was the best I ever had. Service wasnt the best though so will still give the other one a go when I return next week.

Before that met a lovely family from Hayle. The mum was telling me the best places to go to in the Scillies. Bit more digging and I discovered she hadn't been there for 20 years. Typical Cornish mentality. Anyway, another hug as we said our goodbyes. People are so nice down here.

By the way chaps and chapesses - your pivitol moment of the season ? Could be DCL being fit for 2.5 matches / Dyche replacing Lampard or Dyche dropping his boy MK for Mina but I'm going for the decision by Dean Smith to have Maddison take the penalty against us. Idiots!

tbf, that was a fantastic save from Pickford, he decided that Maddison would blast it down the middle and he stood his ground….

The view from the 4th story bedroom window
View attachment 212135
Bon voyage Fred . Chocs away has a whole new meaning on the Scillonian! Make sure that bag is handy! lol

The weather forecast is fantastic , a couple of degrees cooler than the mainland but full sun for the week. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

On one of the boats from St Marys to the outer islaands there is a dog that's the skipper - genuinely he sits at the bow of the boat looking for danger and keeping the passengers safe - that's the best boat to be on - but it can be a bit ruff.

Good morning everyone, hope we are all good and relaxed, Everton free and still a PL club, definitely glad for a break, surely we can't let that happen again, if it does, we're probably riding our luck a bit.

Just walking Daisy and there's an old bloke who lives next street over, looks like an old biker or something anyway he's the type that can't stay indoors and is always doing stuff for people around the area. I've always said hello to him but never chatted.

He said he could set his watch by me and my walks with Daisy as he walks his at the same time lol thought it was quite amusing. Amazing how many people don't recognise me without Daisy lol

Have a good day folks, whatever you're doing.

Forza Nikki.
Love the way you share your memories Roydo, it's heart warming to see, same goes to Fred, thankyou for sharing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back