Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning all. Still happy as hell we stayed up, now we need change.

Took Daisy up the fields and ran into the mad springer pup Fred, so she had a run around. Then Fred drank all her water lol There was a cavalier called Dolly there as well, so all 3 had a run about. Only me with any water though and it all went rather quick. It's a hot day today and I went out in a big black hoodie ffs lol

Enjoy your trip freddo, I'm sure you will.

Have a good day everyone.

Has anyone any film recommendations? I watch series mainly but sometimes feel like a film and can't be bothered searching for one.
Titanic? Yeah that's a good one!

One of my favs is The Hunt for Red October

The Longest Day - Black and white classic WWII movie

The Last of the Mohicans - @Barnfred 55 knows I'm going to recommend that one ;)

Oblivion - great movie with Tom Cruise

Something about Mary or Shallow Hal - both always make me laugh!

Titanic? Yeah that's a good one!

One of my favs is The Hunt for Red October

The Longest Day - Black and white classic WWII movie

The Last of the Mohicans - @Barnfred 55 knows I'm going to recommend that one ;)

Oblivion - great movie with Tom Cruise

Something about Mary or Shallow Hal - both always make me laugh!
I have seen them all V lol Daniel Day Lewis is great In TLOTM. I won't watch black and white films really.

Looking for something a bit newer really. I watched oblivion recently though as I like my sci-fi and fantasy.

I have seen them all V lol Daniel Day Lewis is great In TLOTM. I won't watch black and white films really.

Looking for something a bit newer really. I watched oblivion recently though as I like my sci-fi and fantasy.
I watched Goodfellas last night....again. Brilliant film.
Galaxy Quest ( micky take of Star Trek) is very funny. Alan Rickman steals the show.
I loved the recent Avatar film. It's long though.
Anything featuring the Mel Brooks/Gene Wilder combo
Mississippi Burning

Morning guys. Pretty much all sorted for my trip. I hadn't done a big shop for about a month so I have very little food wastage, just a couple of cherry tomato's and spring onions. The place I'm staying in, although a B&B, is also self catering which is what I have opted for. So I have a couple of pastries that I'm taking with me plus a nice Helford Blue (cheese) that I opened a couple of days ago. I'll take a little container with some of the chilli jam too. There's a nice garden where you can sit out and watch the sunset with a glass of vino so I'm sure there's a local shop where I can stock up on wine and maybe a nice bottle of local gin.

The trains to Penzance are every 30 minutes but I need to change at Truro. The Truro trains are obviously also every 30 mins and only take 25 mins, so that gives me a nice option for the future I hadn't considered. I'm trying hard to become more independent down here. There's an Indian restaurant in Penzance, appropriately called the Red Chilli, which get's good reviews and is close to my hotel (which is also close to the ferry terminal). They do my favourite, Naga chicken, (Naga is a type of hot chilli with a very flavorsome taste) so that's tonight's tea sorted. I can't check in until 4pm so I don't need to start my journey until this afternoon and will catch the 1.30 bus to Falmouth. Gives me plenty of time to relax and have a bit of lunch before leaving.

Have a great day everyone.
Have a brilliant time x

Galaxy Quest ( micky take of Star Trek) is very funny. Alan Rickman steals the show.
Mississippi Burning
I watched the new Avatar last week, enjoyed it. Love the old gangster films seen most of them numerous times lol not for a while though so maybe have a rewatch. I'm going through a stage where I try not to watch stuff I've seen just because there is so much variety these days. That's half the problem too much bloody choice lol

Thanks for the recommendations though, appreciate.

In reply to your question @jazzy I think appointing Dyche was the pivotal moment. We would have gone down with Lampard.
Not much to tell you about today. Ot is overcast here too. Must be the east getting clouds not sunshine. I've been to Lidl and off to pick Mr F up from work soon.
Speaking of work, I've decided to go back in on Monday.
Have a good day all.

Mississippi Burning
I've taken a few DVDs with me just in case. A Good Year, the latest Bond film and, funnily enough, Last if the Monicans.

On the fiestyrain now. The 5G on my new phone is unreal. So quick.

I watched the new Avatar last week, enjoyed it. Love the old gangster films seen most of them numerous times lol not for a while though so maybe have a rewatch. I'm going through a stage where I try not to watch stuff I've seen just because there is so much variety these days. That's half the problem too much bloody choice lol

Thanks for the recommendations though, appreciate.
Have you seen Scent of A Woman? Al Pacino won an Oscar for it. Fantastic film.

Morning all. Still happy as hell we stayed up, now we need change.

Took Daisy up the fields and ran into the mad springer pup Fred, so she had a run around. Then Fred drank all her water lol There was a cavalier called Dolly there as well, so all 3 had a run about. Only me with any water though and it all went rather quick. It's a hot day today and I went out in a big black hoodie ffs lol

Enjoy your trip freddo, I'm sure you will.

Have a good day everyone.

Has anyone any film recommendations? I watch series mainly but sometimes feel like a film and can't be bothered searching for one.
I enjoyed Babylon recently T. It's. Quite shocking so not fir everyone but has a brilliant 20s jazz score. Margot Robbie is brilliant in it too.

I enjoyed Babylon recently T. It's. Quite shocking so not fir everyone but has a brilliant 20s jazz score. Margot Robbie is brilliant in it too.
I'll check it out, although I have a feeling I watched it not so long back. Cheers

EDIT: I haven't seen it, will check it out next time I'm ready for a film, I've got Wyatt Earp lined up as well can't remember that one.

I'll check it out, although I have a feeling I watched it not so long back. Cheers

EDIT: I haven't seen it, will check it out next time I'm ready for a film, I've got Wyatt Earp lined up as well can't remember that one.
It's three and a half hours long. There is a party scene near the start that is extremely in your face and a scene with an elephant that I couldn't possibly describe in these pages. And Margot Robbie has 186 expletives apparently 😀

Hope that whets your appetite

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back