Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good afternoon all. I've been catching up on all your thoughts on yesterday and the future. All with a very chilled mentality. For what it's worth here's my take. I don't think the players we have are all bad but some of them are (looking at you Holgate and Keane). I hope we buy Coady, he's far far better than Keane and at £4.5m an absolute bargain. Maupay has to go, I'm not sure about Simms, in the game(s) he started he has looked totally out of his depth. I'm not surprised he wasn't played yesterday. That's not to say he won't be a decent player but not quite there yet. We need a fit DCL for a whole season and some striker back up.
I like Sean Dyche. I think he has a massive work ethic and he did a lot at Burnley with not much.

I would definitely do eveything possible to keep Pickford, Iwobi ( nice hair), McNeil, Onana, Tarkowski, Doucoure (it was noticable that when he was banned we were awful). I also love Yerry Mina because he seems so nice and happy. He's a good defender too - but he needs to be fit all the time too.

I think our problem is that we haven't had a decent manager since Martinez - except for Carlo who could have been great for us until his head was turned by the Spanish floozy and he binned off his Scouse bird. I think Silva was spectacularly unlucky - some of the decisions that went against us with him were terrible. Millwall's handball FA Cup goal springs to mind. Replayed on their big screen at the ground for all to see and It STILL wasn't ruled out. Koeman was a nasty bully and the less said about Big Sam and the FSW the better. I liked Lampard, he seemed to like us but he has proved to be a truly crap manager. There has been too much change and no cohesive strategy. I think Dyche can bring some stability and achieve my next season dream of no drama, mid table, nothing to play for by April security - which given the last two years will be a success.
I agree with your player comments. I was thinking about Mina. I would keep him, but for the bench because we know we can't keep him healthy playing every match. He is a huge presence on the pitch, massive motivator and causes problems for defenders, etc. I think he is on high wages, but if he's willing to take a cut, I'd keep him. One of our big issues is a weak bench, so having him there to bring in as needed would be great.

Is it built on concrete foundations Jaz? Cos foxes will easily dig under a fence. No matter how high. Our chicks would dutifully troop up the ramp into their wooden, locked, hen house at dusk. They were fenced into an outdoors coop with a normal sized fenced area using chicken wire at first, but we soon allowed them the run of the orchard, and some would come inside/sit on our laps on the patio.

They always had access to feed, but they also developed a taste for pasta, melons and tomatos. Nik and I would make them a cake of all 3 at Christmas!
Photos please.

Good afternoon all. I've been catching up on all your thoughts on yesterday and the future. All with a very chilled mentality. For what it's worth here's my take. I don't think the players we have are all bad but some of them are (looking at you Holgate and Keane). I hope we buy Coady, he's far far better than Keane and at £4.5m an absolute bargain. Maupay has to go, I'm not sure about Simms, in the game(s) he started he has looked totally out of his depth. I'm not surprised he wasn't played yesterday. That's not to say he won't be a decent player but not quite there yet. We need a fit DCL for a whole season and some striker back up.
I like Sean Dyche. I think he has a massive work ethic and he did a lot at Burnley with not much.

I would definitely do eveything possible to keep Pickford, Iwobi ( nice hair), McNeil, Onana, Tarkowski, Doucoure (it was noticable that when he was banned we were awful). I also love Yerry Mina because he seems so nice and happy. He's a good defender too - but he needs to be fit all the time too.

I think our problem is that we haven't had a decent manager since Martinez - except for Carlo who could have been great for us until his head was turned by the Spanish floozy and he binned off his Scouse bird. I think Silva was spectacularly unlucky - some of the decisions that went against us with him were terrible. Millwall's handball FA Cup goal springs to mind. Replayed on their big screen at the ground for all to see and It STILL wasn't ruled out. Koeman was a nasty bully and the less said about Big Sam and the FSW the better. I liked Lampard, he seemed to like us but he has proved to be a truly crap manager. There has been too much change and no cohesive strategy. I think Dyche can bring some stability and achieve my next season dream of no drama, mid table, nothing to play for by April security - which given the last two years will be a success.
I could gladly say goodbye to Iwobi and Gray as they produce so little ,I know Gray scored a few but we want performers who produce and Iwobi couldn't pass a bus stop .Good yes they both are but good enough for Everton , no. I fear we might need to sell to buy and that could be the end of Pickford and Onana but I hope not .

I agree with your player comments. I was thinking about Mina. I would keep him, but for the bench because we know we can't keep him healthy playing every match. He is a huge presence on the pitch, massive motivator and causes problems for defenders, etc. I think he is on high wages, but if he's willing to take a cut, I'd keep him. One of our big issues is a weak bench, so having him there to bring in as needed would be great.
I cannot see him dropping his wages so far as to make it sensible and he will get a signing on fee next move ,strangely he has been fit for months ,even though not playing he has done all the training and still stayed fit .Great character but ...and getting older .I am sure Sean has a youngster on a quarter of his wages lined up and we have Branthwaite coming back or a good fee if we sell him .

Good morning all on this lovely day here in Hyvinkää .I hope all are well ,sober and ready for the new day after a good night's sleep .So the future beckons ,transfers and board seem to dominate the news for us .I think Moshiri has treated us like a new toy and must see the reality of his "investment " dwindling and therefore put his business head on .
I love the People's club idea but would far more love a successful team .No sentiment now just hard headed business is the order of the day .Keep Dyche for his work ethic at least a full season , recruit hungry not overpaid for me.COYB

Even the ones shooting foxes :oops:
yeah I sort of agree with you there Blue. I don't want to kill the foxes , just stop the blighters killing my chickens......................so , it's a big job but I've decided to put a "matting" of chicken wire all around the perimeter of the coop. I will need to dig out 3 foot from the edge all the way round down to a depth of at least 6 inches and then bury the chicken wire . Bloody hot today so really not looking forward to it but needs must.

Morning all on this grey and chilly day, that’s the weather not me…..oh wait:rolleyes:. Not much planned for today as will need my strength for later in the week. Have been asked by grandkids 1 & 2 if we would take them to the seaside for the day, this means 1, taking nos. 3 & 4 out somewhere keep things fair and 2, and assault on the piggy bank. So Friday we will be going to Hunstanton and Thursday have booked tickets to the new adventure play park at Burghley. It’s their inheritance- may as well have it now. Hope the weather warms up otherwise it will be thermals and winter coats.
Have a good day, all.💙

Even the ones shooting foxes :oops:
I was sort of thinking the same Blue but when you think about it , we're all hypocrites to a larger or lesser degree. I mean, I eat chicken, a lot in fact. So we kill the chicken to provide our food and we kill the foxes to protect the chicken's just so we can kill them to eat them. Don't want to think about it too much otherwise I'll morph into Jazzy and H :)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back