Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning guys. Pretty much all sorted for my trip. I hadn't done a big shop for about a month so I have very little food wastage, just a couple of cherry tomato's and spring onions. The place I'm staying in, although a B&B, is also self catering which is what I have opted for. So I have a couple of pastries that I'm taking with me plus a nice Helford Blue (cheese) that I opened a couple of days ago. I'll take a little container with some of the chilli jam too. There's a nice garden where you can sit out and watch the sunset with a glass of vino so I'm sure there's a local shop where I can stock up on wine and maybe a nice bottle of local gin.

The trains to Penzance are every 30 minutes but I need to change at Truro. The Truro trains are obviously also every 30 mins and only take 25 mins, so that gives me a nice option for the future I hadn't considered. I'm trying hard to become more independent down here. There's an Indian restaurant in Penzance, appropriately called the Red Chilli, which get's good reviews and is close to my hotel (which is also close to the ferry terminal). They do my favourite, Naga chicken, (Naga is a type of hot chilli with a very flavorsome taste) so that's tonight's tea sorted. I can't check in until 4pm so I don't need to start my journey until this afternoon and will catch the 1.30 bus to Falmouth. Gives me plenty of time to relax and have a bit of lunch before leaving.

Have a great day everyone.

Morning all. Still happy as hell we stayed up, now we need change.

Took Daisy up the fields and ran into the mad springer pup Fred, so she had a run around. Then Fred drank all her water lol There was a cavalier called Dolly there as well, so all 3 had a run about. Only me with any water though and it all went rather quick. It's a hot day today and I went out in a big black hoodie ffs lol

Enjoy your trip freddo, I'm sure you will.

Have a good day everyone.

Has anyone any film recommendations? I watch series mainly but sometimes feel like a film and can't be bothered searching for one.

Took Daisy up the fields and ran into the mad springer pup Fred, so she had a run around. Then Fred drank all her water lol There was a cavalier called Dolly there as well, so all 3 had a run about. Only me with any water though and it all went rather quick. It's a hot day today and I went out in a big black hoodie ffs lol

Has anyone any film recommendations? I watch series mainly but sometimes feel like a film and can't be bothered searching for one.
Seems all Freds must be cads T ;)

Morning all on this grey and chilly day, that’s the weather not me…..oh wait:rolleyes:. Not much planned for today as will need my strength for later in the week. Have been asked by grandkids 1 & 2 if we would take them to the seaside for the day, this means 1, taking nos. 3 & 4 out somewhere keep things fair and 2, and assault on the piggy bank. So Friday we will be going to Hunstanton and Thursday have booked tickets to the new adventure play park at Burghley. It’s their inheritance- may as well have it now. Hope the weather warms up otherwise it will be thermals and winter coats.
Have a good day, all.💙
You own Burghley?😮 Seems all the pillaging must have paid well H.lol

You own Burghley?😮 Seems all the pillaging must have paid well H.lol
I didn't know that Burghley had a football team . Yeah , I went for trials once but they chose some fella called Van Nistelrooy instead.

I hope that no explanation is needed. I'll get me coat
Morning all on this grey and chilly day, that’s the weather not me…..oh wait:rolleyes:. Not much planned for today as will need my strength for later in the week. Have been asked by grandkids 1 & 2 if we would take them to the seaside for the day, this means 1, taking nos. 3 & 4 out somewhere keep things fair and 2, and assault on the piggy bank. So Friday we will be going to Hunstanton and Thursday have booked tickets to the new adventure play park at Burghley. It’s their inheritance- may as well have it now. Hope the weather warms up otherwise it will be thermals and winter coats.
Have a good day, all.💙
What!!!!? It's cracking the flags here! Just taking a water break from my efforts to protect the chickens

I didn't know that Burghley had a football team . Yeah , I went for trials once but they chose some fella called Van Nistelrooy instead.

I hope that no explanation is needed. I'll get me coat

What!!!!? It's cracking the flags here! Just taking a water break from my efforts to protect the chickens
To be fair he was very good in the box. Horsebox, Please yourselves lol

Titanic seems apt

Just off now. Had some good new before I left. The neighbour's daughter had a last chance saloon procedure to remove her trapped gall stone this morning and i got a phone call to say it was a success. They are so relieved. The alternative didn't bear thinking about apparently.
Great news - have a wonderful trip . Surprisingly the internet has reached the Isles of Scilly so keep in touch - you know how to do photos now so make us jealous. Ruin Beach cafe on Tresco and the pasty shop on St Martin by the way !

Just off now. Had some good new before I left. The neighbour's daughter had a last chance saloon procedure to remove her trapped gall stone this morning and i got a phone call to say it was a success. They are so relieved. The alternative didn't bear thinking about apparently.
That’s great news. Have a lovely trip - mind what you say to the ladies and don’t forget to write. ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back