Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Checked into hotel. Top floor of the guest house. The 18 yo guy who saw to me was kind enough to take my hand luggage whilst I dragged a 20 kg case up 4 flights of the narrowest staircase in England.

My Indian restaurant is closed tonight too so having to change my plans to another Indian. I'll go to the Red Chilli on the way back.

Penzance is an old town with lots of nooks and crannies. It's also very hilly. Good job I'm fit these days.

Just having a beer or two before tea but ab early start tomorrow. 7am breakfast and check in at 8am.

Checked into hotel. Top floor of the guest house. The 18 yo guy who saw to me was kind enough to take my hand luggage whilst I dragged a 20 kg case up 4 flights of the narrowest staircase in England.

My Indian restaurant is closed tonight too so having to change my plans to another Indian. I'll go to the Red Chilli on the way back.

Penzance is an old town with lots of nooks and crannies. It's also very hilly. Good job I'm fit these days.

Just having a beer or two before tea but ab early start tomorrow. 7am breakfast and check in at 8am.

One of the best night clubs I have ever been to was in Penzance. A load of us from work rented a house from a pal for a week, and had an absolute ball. They had a house band every night, who always finished with Smells like teen Spirit, the place went mental.

One of the best night clubs I have ever been to was in Penzance. A load of us from work rented a house from a pal for a week, and had an absolute ball. They had a house band every night, who always finished with Smells like teen Spirit, the place went mental.
We never stayed here on holiday for some reason. But have always had a nice time whenever we visited. Mousehole has always been a fave of ours.

When we were first looking at moving down here, the Falmouth area was first choice. This area was second.

Looking at the lineup for Falmouth week. Queen and Fleetwood Mac cover bands aren't on. Shock horror. In their place are AC/DC and Guns and Roses cover bands. They'll be brilliant too. Wonder which will be the support group (no need to ask you mate😀)

We never stayed here on holiday for some reason. But have always had a nice time whenever we visited. Mousehole has always been a fave of ours.

When we were first looking at moving down here, the Falmouth area was first choice. This area was second.

The Falmouth area is way better than Penzance, imo. We holidayed for years, as kids, near Porthscatho. Utterly brilliant times, with up to 10 families all in caravans in a field. Us kids went feral for the 2 or 3 weeks, the parents, with hindsight, got bolloxed every night. Social services would be involved these days!

The Falmouth area is way better than Penzance, imo. We holidayed for years, as kids, near Porthscatho. Utterly brilliant times, with up to 10 families all in caravans in a field. Us kids went feral for the 2 or 3 weeks, the parents, with hindsight, got bolloxed every night. Social services would be involved these days!
Safe in those days Roydo. Still is down here to be fair. Used to love the Roseland Peninsular. We were regulars on the King Harry Ferry.

Safe in those days Roydo. Still is down here to be fair. Used to love the Roseland Peninsular. We were regulars on the King Harry Ferry.

That the one on the chains? Was ace that. Safe? Lost count of the times I fell out of a yacht or a fishing boat with a titchy chuffa outboard! The parents stayed in the caravans, us kids had small tents, (know why now!), would survive on pasties, until a BBQ on a cove or in the field in the evening. Just blissful holidays. Me and Sis still giggle about the scrapes we got into.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back