Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I've never been to Kefalonia. I've only ever heard good things about it though. Me and Mr F are doing an oldies version of backpacking round the Greek Islands in September. Featuring hotels and a suitcase rather than a backpack and a tent. I've always wanted to island hop. With the help of a lovely lady on this forum I've booked flights, ferries and hotels - I just hope I've matched all the dates up right! We'll be going to Syros, Andros and Tinos with a few hours in Mykonos one day to change ferries.
Sounds great Anj. Looking forward to all the pics from both you and Jazz (with or without the spelling hiccups 😀)

@anjelikaferrett we also went to Santorini on that island hopping,Mrs J reminds me.

I'm sure you will have a fabulous time and Mrs J very jealous as we haven't been to any of those 3 islands - reviews in due course please.

Kefalonia is beautiful but quite a big island and difficult to get around on public transport.

We are staying in the south and to get to Fiskardo in the north ( stunning) is tortuous.

However it is great for hoping as close to Ithaca ( one of our and Homer's faves) , Zakinthos , Lefkada and Corfu.

Talking about learning Greek reminds me of one of my happiest memories. We were hiking in Samos and were looking for a lunch spot in the hills when we came up on a remote village. The taverna had no menu and the patron didn't speak English so in my terrible Greek I asked him for some fish and explained that my wife was vegetarian. His eyes lit up and 20 minutes later brought her a delicious bean stew. He refused to allow me to pay for her meal saying that he had never heard a tourist speak Greek. I felt like the King of Samos for 24 hours!
If I'd tried that Mrs J would probably have ended up with a steak😀

Managed to get into lunch at the tapas place. Got here dead on 12 and lucky enough to get the last table. Hope it's as good as the reputation.

Overcast again today but when the sun pops it head out its very warm.

Very Cornish weather so far. Overcast during the day turning to warm and sunny late afternoon. Forecast for the rest of the week is better so plan to get out to the islands.

Bloody hell LB are you trying to take Fred's cad status on this thread. As Sparks say "this thread ain't big enough for the both of you"

Not sure about 2 bounders on here lol
Just booked Juliet's Garden for tea tomorrow Jazz. Monkfish and prawn vindaloo on the menu. Why not😀

Just having a nice cold pint of Korev while I'm here. Is this the view you and Mrs J remember?
20230602_141440.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back