Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I've finally discovered that the tree at the bottom of my garden is a Celtic hawthorn tree. The most sacred of trees in celtic mythology symbolising love and protection. Fairies live under it as the tree's guardians, however brides can pick flowers and sprigs if they ask nicely.

I'm liking this a lot. I'll be having a word with the fairies come August to see if they have any influence over football seeing as the rosary beads, Buddha (tea light holder) from long ago school fair and Ganesh ( wind chime in garden with his image on) only just scraped us through!
Here's a pic of said tree.20230603_111431.webp

Isn't summer lovely? Doing things outside without layers of clothes. i'm sure nice weather makes people feel happier.
I know two people who suffer from the SAD (seasonal disorder), so I suspect most people to some extent are impacted by the cold and darkness, just not as extreme.

I love the sun - lots of vitamin D, fresh air and brighter mornings and evenings. I exercise more too, naturally, due to playing sports and whatnot.

Not sure even she would use piddle .Hope your having a great time Fred.
I am Blue. On Tresco now just having a spot of lunch at The New Inn. Been to The Abbey Gardens this morning. Quite emotional. It's probably the one thing on Cal's bucket list we didn't get round to seeing. It was stunning. Must have taken about 20 pics but I'll need to sort through them later and post the best ones.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back