Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I wonder what attracted her to the multi-millionaire Mr Grammer?

The story I heard was it was the other way round. She was a BA crew member, and he was captivated. I remember her serving in the local working mans club, and she was pretty, but also very bubbly. Lovely personality. She auditioned for Steps or one of those pop acts apparently. The age difference must be 25 to 30 years or so.

Mind you, some old actor, DeNiro iirc, is expecting a child with his 29 year wife! He is nudging 90.

Last tree to fruit so the practice was probably not to pick the blossom in case of a bad winter and that probably eventually became a "bad luck" omen in more modern times. Inviting death to the door.
Hawthorn would of been a protective wood (+ something about love), stakes against vampires etc. The fairy tree tradition in Celtic areas is rooted in that, evil lad beheaded and planted beneath the tree. Lots of folk tales in Ulster and Connacht about it. Stoker used it as part of his construction of Dracula.
Wow. That's so interesting. As have your other posts about it. Thank you.

The story I heard was it was the other way round. She was a BA crew member, and he was captivated. I remember her serving in the local working mans club, and she was pretty, but also very bubbly. Lovely personality. She auditioned for Steps or one of those pop acts apparently. The age difference must be 25 to 30 years or so.

Mind you, some old actor, DeNiro iirc, is expecting a child with his 29 year wife! He is nudging 90.
It's Al Pacino. Although De Niro has also just had his 7th kid at the age of 79 with his 45 yr old partner.

My Nan always said it was bad luck to bring May (hawthorn) blossom into the house, she also had a similar superstition regarding Lilac blossom. Lilac is supposed to be favoured by fairies who kidnapped people and by bringing Lilac into the house you were running the risk of them getting into your home. Beautiful pic. Anj.
How can a fairy kidnap someone

Thought they were small things

Do they drive cranes and hgvs :-)

@anjelikaferrett @blueloon this came up on my YouTube recommendations

Cheers for that @bigjonny . Edinburgh is a wonderful city in the sunshine. The video is aptly titled, while there are many great memories one that lingers is at one point a guy about my age ( ie an oldie) three rows in front was standing arms in the air , turned around to us all and hit the lines “ I believe in the love that you gave me, I believe ….etc …. BADLANDS” perfectly 🙂

Cheers for that @bigjonny . Edinburgh is a wonderful city in the sunshine. The video is aptly titled, while there are many great memories one that lingers is at one point a guy about my age ( ie an oldie) three rows in front was standing arms in the air , turned around to us all and hit the lines “ I believe in the love that you gave me, I believe ….etc …. BADLANDS” perfectly 🙂
We had a walk up Calton hill on Tuesday afternoon, nice views across the river and the city.

I cant go to see him.in Scotland. I've tried twice. Once Mr F lost his job
The company he worked for went bust so no redundancy pay or anything. Although we had tickets we were skint and couldn't justify hotel/ petrol etc. The other time I spent the night in the nick in Glasgow rather than watching Bruce at Hampden Park.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back