Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all off with a pee sample this morning to see if my kidneys are functioning properly ( I think it was the amount of cough medicine I had taken in the month before ) then a blood sample to confirm .The things you get to do in your life that you wouldn't contemplate in your youth .along with toilet duties washing dirty dishes and few more .I hope all are well and had a good sleep ,have a great day .COYB

Managed to lose my wife today in a large shop outlet. She wanted the loo and set off to find one. I was laden down like a pack mule. Eventually I had half a dozen members of staff and myself looking for her because the facility didn’t have customer toilets and she was just wandering around. Anyway, found her, thanked the staff and found a loo in another shop…..a fun day…..
Oh Pete, that must have been such a worry for you. Glad you found her and she found a loo

Good morning all. I watched the West Ham match last night and was genuinely happy for David Moyes. However, a bit sad that he never achieved anything like that with us.
Still cloudy and dull here. I don't know where the sunshine has gone.
I also watched Rory McIlroy speaking about the golf merger. I thought he spoke really well considering how betrayed he must feel.

Morning all, cloudy and dull here yet again. I also watched the West Ham game @anjelikaferrett but with the sound turned down. Robbie Savage had me wanting to put my foot through the screen! Pleased for David Moyes though, also his 87 year old Dad who was in the crowd too.
@blue1948 Good luck with the sample, hope all is okay.
Off to see if we can get some wood stain for the summerhouse, which is proving difficult as apparently there isn’t much call for “natural” wood colours any more, it’s all pinks, blues and greens.
Have a good day, all.💙

Managed to lose my wife today in a large shop outlet. She wanted the loo and set off to find one. I was laden down like a pack mule. Eventually I had half a dozen members of staff and myself looking for her because the facility didn’t have customer toilets and she was just wandering around. Anyway, found her, thanked the staff and found a loo in another shop…..a fun day…..
High stress levels I’m sure Pete but glad it turned out OK.

Good morning all. I watched the West Ham match last night and was genuinely happy for David Moyes. However, a bit sad that he never achieved anything like that with us.
I also watched Rory McIlroy speaking about the golf merger. I thought he spoke really well considering how betrayed he must feel.
I thought Rory looked beaten by it all but what else can he do but see the bigger picture I suppose.

Kudos to him calling for compensation for those golfers who declined LIV’s overtures at the time.

Hi all. It has not been warm today. I hope the sun makes a comeback. There was a brief flirtation with blue sky at about 4pm but it didn't last.
It's nearly Friday. I've survived my first week back and I'm back on the overtime bus on Saturday- I need to save up some spends for the hols!
Sunday will be more fun - I'm going out for bottomless brunch with the girlies ( well more ladies of a certain age!) That should be a laugh...and very alcoholic!

Moysey walks his dog in a local park - lytham

There's a cafe there. Sat at a table when a dog darts in followed by moysey chasing after it

He's always up for a quick chat

Interesting story about the above-mentioned Hotel. I was swimming in the sea a few days ago and got talking to a couple of very pleasant young Australian ladies, as you do. Turns out they worked at said Star Castle Hotel and sold me the idea of eating there that night as it wasn't fully booked. They didn't have to try very hard to be fair, they had me at hello. In fact they had me at "h"😀

Not 30 minutes later said ladies decided to change out of their wet swimming gear under very small towels (why do women always do that?). And no I don't have any pics and yes I did look the other way. Honest.

Anyway by the time I got back to the flat and phoned up it was fully booked. So an abrupt end to a blossoming relationship 😀
Your reputation must have got around sir :-)

Took some pics of my walk around the garrison but didn't want to overload you with too many pics yesterday. The garrison dates back to Elizabethan times and there are around 8 batteries surrounding the fortifications. Here's a couple. Once you've seen 1 gun you've seen them all, right H?
View attachment 213008View attachment 213009
Wouldn't fire that cannon...got a cork in it

Might be a tad dangerous

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back