Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

@Armaghtoffee I've been watching Michael Portillo's Railway Journeys while I've been cooking tea this week. He's been doing a coastal tour of Ireland, the scenery has been stunning, the people delightful he hasn't shied away from the troubled past. I really want to hate him( Tory Cabinet Minister and all that) but he comes across as utterly charmng and personable. He said in one episode that he was humbled by how welcome he had been made in NI given that he was a former British Cabinet Minister. I've added Ireland to places I need to re-visit.
Where is this on Anj?

My mother loves his railway journeys and was so disappointed when I explained his political background 😀

Just thinking, I have only ever done the East coast by train so this would be worth a watch.

Where is this on Anj?

My mother loves his railway journeys and was so disappointed when I explained his political background 😀

Just thinking, I have only ever done the East coast by train so this would be worth a watch.
It's been on BBC 2 at 6.30 every evening. I would imagine you could find it on BBC iPlayer or whatever their catch up is called. Tonight he was in the place where JFK visited and was talking to a woman who had been 5 when he came. Really interesting.

@Armaghtoffee I've been watching Michael Portillo's Railway Journeys while I've been cooking tea this week. He's been doing a coastal tour of Ireland, the scenery has been stunning, the people delightful he hasn't shied away from the troubled past. I really want to hate him( Tory Cabinet Minister and all that) but he comes across as utterly charmng and personable. He said in one episode that he was humbled by how welcome he had been made in NI given that he was a former British Cabinet Minister. I've added Ireland to places I need to re-visit.
Only been to Kinsale and Cork , I agree

It's been on BBC 2 at 6.30 every evening. I would imagine you could find it on BBC iPlayer or whatever their catch up is called. Tonight he was in the place where JFK visited and was talking to a woman who had been 5 when he came. Really interesting.
Pretty sure he was in Connacht and Munster so all coastal spots indeed.

I will indeed look that up- thank you.

Good morning all on this beautiful morning here in Hyvinkää. I hope all had a great night and have a fantastic day today . No offence taken @lancs blue ,it was just that I lived next door to a woman who lost her husband so may be that made me comment .Yes I am old enough to have met her ! A fine gin @Barnfred 55 I bought that brown gin for Letitia and she thought "it doesn't know if it is a bird or a fish "COYB
P.S. Did I dream Dyche is offerings Davies a new contract ?

Morning all, glorious morning here and at last the chilly wind seems to have dropped. Going to my friend’s 21st +50 birthday party this afternoon. Her grandson, 16, never liked football but has recently developed an interest. Of all the teams he had to pick that lot, a decision which has not gone down well with the family, his late Grandad was one of us and the rest of them are Manure. He may be in for a bit of counselling this afternoon. lol Have a good day, all and enjoy the sunshine.💙
P.S. @blue1948 it’s true, not sure what to make of it.

Morning all, glorious morning here and at last the chilly wind seems to have dropped. Going to my friend’s 21st +50 birthday party this afternoon. Her grandson, 16, never liked football but has recently developed an interest. Of all the teams he had to pick that lot, a decision which has not gone down well with the family, his late Grandad was one of us and the rest of them are Manure. He may be in for a bit of counselling this afternoon. lol Have a good day, all and enjoy the sunshine.💙
P.S. @blue1948 it’s true, not sure what to make of it.
There's no doubt in my mind this has been done to pee off the fans on here that regularly post in the football thread. I don't think it's a coincidence this news has come right on the back of GOTs fan survey results being published 😀

Good morning. Currently doing overtime. I've had an hour off to go to the gym so working until 1.45. It's another lovely day here.
I'm OK with Tom Davies being given a new contract. He could do a job as a squad player and he's a nice lad (this is why I would be a crap manager. World class talent but knobhead - you're out. Average talent, grafter, nice person- you can stay).
@Gwladysover have a word with the young man. Save his soul!
@Barnfred 55 the fan survey results are shocking but not surprising.
Have a lovely day folks. I'm away for a brew!

Where is this on Anj?

He's on repeats on 'yesterday' free view channel 27 in the week, all week. Tons of railway stuff there, Dibnah, secrets of the underground etc.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back