Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning all, glorious morning here and at last the chilly wind seems to have dropped. Going to my friend’s 21st +50 birthday party this afternoon. Her grandson, 16, never liked football but has recently developed an interest. Of all the teams he had to pick that lot, a decision which has not gone down well with the family, his late Grandad was one of us and the rest of them are Manure. He may be in for a bit of counselling this afternoon. lol Have a good day, all and enjoy the sunshine.💙
P.S. @blue1948 it’s true, not sure what to make of it.
It makes you think how Davies' mind works if he is happy to just "skate " along with no prospect of a regular place ,50 grand a week is more than he would get anywhere else I suppose but the lack of ambition is enough to say no from me.

Good morning. Currently doing overtime. I've had an hour off to go to the gym so working until 1.45. It's another lovely day here.
I'm OK with Tom Davies being given a new contract. He could do a job as a squad player and he's a nice lad (this is why I would be a crap manager. World class talent but knobhead - you're out. Average talent, grafter, nice person- you can stay).
@Gwladysover have a word with the young man. Save his soul!
@Barnfred 55 the fan survey results are shocking but not surprising.
Have a lovely day folks. I'm away for a brew!
There's a need in our squad for players like Tom Anj. In the ideal world it would be for young up and coming players so they could be drip fed top level football as they develop. Tom has gone past that stage now and I would have preferred him to have moved on. I think it's a real shame that he didn't step up and build on the promise he showed when he first came on the scene. Having said that, he's nowhere near as bad as some in the football thread would have you believe and for a time under Carlo I thought he may actually come good.

I haven't seen any word on how long the contract extension is for. If it is for 12 months, giving the club a bit more time to develop one of our academy players into the position, then I have absolutely no problem with the decision. If it is longer, then I have my concerns. The more worrying thing for me is that the club have determined that there are no young players coming through that could fill that role. Maybe Price leaving was a big factor, but there are other lads like Warrington, Mills and Onyango that I would have liked to have seen given an opportunity. I mean, we are talking about somebody who will be 6th choice for 3 CM positions. I actually think Dyche has had a big input on this as he's shown that he doesn't put a lot of faith in youth.

It makes you think how Davies' mind works if he is happy to just "skate " along with no prospect of a regular place ,50 grand a week is more than he would get anywhere else I suppose but the lack of ambition is enough to say no from me.
Not sure he's on that much Blue. Probably closer to £30k I would imagine. As far as I'm aware he also hasn't agreed the contract extension yet and it's possible his agent will be looking for alternatives for him. Let's see what happens.

There's a need in our squad for players like Tom Anj. In the ideal world it would be for young up and coming players so they could be drip fed top level football as they develop. Tom has gone past that stage now and I would have preferred him to have moved on. I think it's a real shame that he didn't step up and build on the promise he showed when he first came on the scene. Having said that, he's nowhere near as bad as some in the football thread would have you believe and for a time under Carlo I thought he may actually come good.

I haven't seen any word on how long the contract extension is for. If it is for 12 months, giving the club a bit more time to develop one of our academy players into the position, then I have absolutely no problem with the decision. If it is longer, then I have my concerns. The more worrying thing for me is that the club have determined that there are no young players coming through that could fill that role. Maybe Price leaving was a big factor, but there are other lads like Warrington, Mills and Onyango that I would have liked to have seen given an opportunity. I mean, we are talking about somebody who will be 6th choice for 3 CM positions. I actually think Dyche has had a big input on this as he's shown that he doesn't put a lot of faith in youth.
Spot on Fred. To be honest we haven't covered ourselves in glory as far as academy players are concerned - Rooney being the standout exception. Barkley was good for a while but then his peers caught him up. He hasn't done much with his career. Similarly Franny Jeffers before him and I strongly suspect Anthony Gordon going the same way.
I hadn't realised how young McNeil is until he won the young player of the year!
I'm just dreaming of finishing 10th to 14th next season then in about 10 years or so watching the managerial dream team of Coleman and Baines lead us to Premier league glory!

Morning guys. Bit cloudy and wet here but can't complain given the weather we've had over the last 3 weeks. Still warm though.

Really enjoyed my trip to the Isles of Scilly. It was a big stepping stone for me given it's the first proper holiday I've taken on my own and I think I'd do it again next year if the opportunity arises.

It's amazing how quickly you get back into the old routine though. Yesterday was G&T Friday and fish and chips without the chips for tea. And today it's posh sausage butties for lunch, followed by an afternoon of racing and then spicy chicken fried rice for tea. Who say's I'm a creature of habit lol. Actually, I see it's world gin day today so that's one habit I may be breaking.

PS I've been a bit self indulgent on here over the last 10 days or so, so if I post another pic before the end of this month you have my permission to shoot me.;).

Have a great weekend everyone.

Morning guys. Bit cloudy and wet here but can't complain given the weather we've had over the last 3 weeks. Still warm though.

Really enjoyed my trip to the Isles of Scilly. It was a big stepping stone for me given it's the first proper holiday I've taken on my own and I think I'd do it again next year if the opportunity arises.

It's amazing how quickly you get back into the old routine though. Yesterday was G&T Friday and fish and chips without the chips for tea. And today it's posh sausage butties for lunch, followed by an afternoon of racing and then spicy chicken fried rice for tea. Who say's I'm a creature of habit lol. Actually, I see it's world gin day today so that's one habit I may be breaking.

PS I've been a bit self indulgent on here over the last 10 days or so, so if I post another pic before the end of this month you have my permission to shoot me.;).

The boy done good on his first solo holiday. Seriously it was a big step for you. I loved your pics. The islands look absolutely beautiful. We're having sausages for tea. Brockwurst from Lidl so definitely not posh.

I think everyone has enjoyed reading about your holiday, and the photos. It’s good that you got away and enjoyed it…..

It was a massive step and the photos were too good ,I suspect there are a few on here as jealous as us .I personally loved seeing you post and I am impressed how many people you managed to cajole on your holiday .
I heard there were two Aussie woman searching the islands for you ,something about the promise of a posh sausage butty if they followed back home .
It was a step on the road to coping and for that I applaud you.

Not sure he's on that much Blue. Probably closer to £30k I would imagine. As far as I'm aware he also hasn't agreed the contract extension yet and it's possible his agent will be looking for alternatives for him. Let's see what happens.
I am only worried it might be Bill's parting salvo.
Worse than I thought Fred :-https://www.spotrac.com/epl/everton-fc/tom-davies-22778/

It was a massive step and the photos were too good ,I suspect there are a few on here as jealous as us .I personally loved seeing you post and I am impressed how many people you managed to cajole on your holiday .
I heard there were two Aussie woman searching the islands for you ,something about the promise of a posh sausage butty if they followed back home .
It was a step on the road to coping and for that I applaud you.
Well having seen them both close up Blue I'm quite sure they would prefer their sausages a bit firmer and less wrinkled than my posh ones. lol

I think retaining a player like TD who has consistently failed to perform when given multiple chances sends out the wrong signal, that mediocrity ( or worse) is rewarded at Everton.
However being pragmatic I accept that in our financial situation we have to prioritize our meager spend on forwards and retaining TD ( as you say Fred hopefully for only another 12 months) is one less player to replace.
However if he agrees it tells you a lot about his lack of ambition.

In other news it's great to see the civil war in the Tory party has started ( sorry Pete) but the bonfire of the vanities can only bring about their demise at the next election.

Last day in Kefalonia and surprise,it's cloudy! Still warm though and we've had a great time.

Not sure anywhere local is showing the Champions league final , it's not really that sort of resort.

I think retaining a player like TD who has consistently failed to perform when given multiple chances sends out the wrong signal, that mediocrity ( or worse) is rewarded at Everton.
However being pragmatic I accept that in our financial situation we have to prioritize our meager spend on forwards and retaining TD ( as you say Fred hopefully for only another 12 months) is one less player to replace.
However if he agrees it tells you a lot about his lack of ambition.

In other news it's great to see the civil war in the Tory party has started ( sorry Pete) but the bonfire of the vanities can only bring about their demise at the next election.

Last day in Kefalonia and surprise,it's cloudy! Still warm though and we've had a great time.

Not sure anywhere local is showing the Champions league final , it's not really that sort of resort.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back