Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Evening everyone,
Another hot day today but fortunately a bit of cloud took some of the heat ( but still 30 degrees).
We had a wonderful trip around the island going to a cave with amazing stalegtites and stalegmites and then an incredible underground lake , it was just like Rick Wakemans Journey to the Centre of the Earth!
Then a visit to Assos and Aghia afamilia two lovely little coastal towns.
Yesterday we did an arduous 3 hour hike to a deserted beach and we will do the same tomorrow in the opposite direction.
Had an unbelievable evening with a local jazz trio. Thought it would just be a bit of background music but they were proper Jazz musicians playing everything from Stan Getz to Herbie Hancock, brilliant.
Back on Sunday and apparently flying into thunderstorms, should be fun!

Good morning all on this lovely day here in Hyvinkää. I hope all slept well and had a good night's kip. I didn't want moyes to win that cup as I don't like him at all for the way he left us ,I was though glad to see the back of him as he had run his course .I am looking forward to the match tomorrow -I don't normally watch any game that we are not playing in -but the City side is something else .Have a great day all COYB

Good evening everybody. Its been a gorgeous afternoon here. Really sunny. Haven't done much today apart from working. I do plan to sit outside with a beer at some point. I'm definitely getting old - I love watching the birds on the feeders and in the birdbath. We've had goldfinch, bullfinch and chaffinch today as well as the usual resident jackdaws, wood pigeons and magpies.
Have a very lovely evening x

@Armaghtoffee I've been watching Michael Portillo's Railway Journeys while I've been cooking tea this week. He's been doing a coastal tour of Ireland, the scenery has been stunning, the people delightful he hasn't shied away from the troubled past. I really want to hate him( Tory Cabinet Minister and all that) but he comes across as utterly charmng and personable. He said in one episode that he was humbled by how welcome he had been made in NI given that he was a former British Cabinet Minister. I've added Ireland to places I need to re-visit.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back