Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I work in the centre of Nottingham, and I am in the office today, and we are allowed in and out. The city centre seems to be running like normal to me
I haven't heard from him for a while so hopefully things have settled down. It could just be their managers being over cautious, or more likely, not wanting them to go home!

They will have to be lifted late Autumn- dried out in a sack etc & kept alive by minimum water replant next year - Banana & Cannas definitely divide in Spring if in good condition in the spring ;)
Joey - I don't suppose you happen to know Stephen Soares from Runcorn who designed and planted a jungle garden and it featured on Gardeners World ?

I'd love to pick his brains as someone who has a fantastic jungle in the Noth West about what plants he'd recommend.

Joey - I don't suppose you happen to know Stephen Soares from Runcorn who designed and planted a jungle garden and it featured on Gardeners World ?

I'd love to pick his brains as someone who has a fantastic jungle in the Noth West about what plants he'd recommend.
I have seen the clips - No I dont know him - I used to work in a Stove house with all kinds of tropical plants with many Varieties of Codiem varigatum - Crotons they were a tropical foliage plant for floral shows - Acalypha Hispida was my favourite & Medimilla Magnifica & Spanish moss - The Bromeliad family to - We won the best in show at Southport back in the late 1970s the trophy was as big as the European Cup - Liverpool parks name dominated it & then Knowsley altered that .....
I moved on after that & won a silver medal with East Lancashire health authority ... The days when Public Services had money .....

Tropical plants outside have to be in a very sheltered environment or grown indoors, but you must have humidity -

I even grew a massive Monsteria deliciosa the common Swiss Cheese plant which flowered & fruited in the summer of 1976 in the boiling hot weather that year - you had to eat it like a Pomegranate - it tasted like a Banana & pineapple combined ...yum yum ...

Hence the descriptive name why plants are named in Latin - It was delicious ....

Last edited:

Just do what I do Jazzy. Nothing, then see what comes up. I’ve been into this bone idle rewilding for a while now and have it perfected to a fine art. Remember the golden rule ‘do nothing’………

I have seen the clips - No I dont know him - I used to work in a Stove house with all kinds of tropical plants with many Varieties of Codiem varigatum - Crotons they were a tropical foliage plant for floral shows - Acalypha Hispida was my favourite & Medimilla Magnifica & Spanish moss - The Bromeliad family to - We won the best in show at Southport back in the late 1970s the trophy was as big as the European Cup - Liverpool parks name dominated it & then Knowsley altered that .....
I moved on after that & won a silver medal with East Lancashire health authority ... The days when Public Services had money .....

Tropical plants outside have to be in a very sheltered environment or grown indoors, but you must have humidity -

I even grew a massive Monsteria deliciosa the common Swiss Cheese plant which flowered & fruited in the summer of 1976 in the boiling hot weather that year - you had to eat it like a Pomegranate - it tasted like a Banana & pineapple combined ...yum yum ...

Hence the descriptive name why plants are named in Latin - It was delicious ....

You never cease to amaze me Joey…..

Just do what I do Jazzy. Nothing, then see what comes up. I’ve been into this bone idle rewilding for a while now and have it perfected to a fine art. Remember the golden rule ‘do nothing’………

Oh, and remember for inside the house ‘golden rule 2’…Dust is a preservative so don’t disturb it….anyway that’s enough life tips for the day…….

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back