Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning all, still warm and humid here. My anxiety, which I can normally keep a lid on has kicked in and I’m quite high up on the “Whatifometer”. I’ll be fine once I am actually seated on the train. Anyway taxi arrives soon so I’ll love you and leave you. Try to catch up with you all in the next few days. Look after yourselves and have a good day.💙
Have a wonderful time. Love Edinburg me

@blue1948 Wow, it must be fantastic to be so practical that you aren't fazed by fixing a car. I wouldn't have a clue!
However I have started my own project today. Whilst we were away Mrs J agreed to give up her raised beds and vegetable patch so we can plant a tropical jungle.
It would be the missing piece in the garden jigsaw as we've got a dry Mediterranean garden, a Japanese courtyard, an Arboretum, a pond with bog garden , a fernery, herbaceous border and lots of areas of Rhododendrons and acers.

Potentially it is perfect as south facing and there is a standpipe for watering and it's very sheltered and close to her potting shed for over wintering the really delicate stuff.

So I will start on the hard landscape and put in a circular path and then we will introduce the exotic planting like bananas , cannas etc. The beauty of it is that the stuff grows really quickly and densely planted we should see something meaningful in a couple of years.

Should keep me busy!

EDIT - just been out to start and it's too bloody hot!

@blue1948 Wow, it must be fantastic to be so practical that you aren't fazed by fixing a car. I wouldn't have a clue!
However I have started my own project today. Whilst we were away Mrs J agreed to give up her raised beds and vegetable patch so we can plant a tropical jungle.
It would be the missing piece in the garden jigsaw as we've got a dry Mediterranean garden, a Japanese courtyard, an Arboretum, a pond with bog garden , a fernery, herbaceous border and lots of areas of Rhododendrons and acers.

Potentially it is perfect as south facing and there is a standpipe for watering and it's very sheltered and close to her potting shed for over wintering the really delicate stuff.

So I will start on the hard landscape and put in a circular path and then we will introduce the exotic planting like bananas , cannas etc. The beauty of it is that the stuff grows really quickly and densely planted we should see something meaningful in a couple of years.

Should keep me busy!

EDIT - just been out to start and it's too bloody hot!
Will you make sure they are protected from the worst of the weather ,lots of stuff will grow , it is the lack of water and not the cold that kills them so fleeces in the winter .

Morning all, still warm and humid here. My anxiety, which I can normally keep a lid on has kicked in and I’m quite high up on the “Whatifometer”. I’ll be fine once I am actually seated on the train. Anyway taxi arrives soon so I’ll love you and leave you. Try to catch up with you all in the next few days. Look after yourselves and have a good day.💙

I’ve mentioned this before but many, many, years ago I met Alex Young in a restaurant in Rose street just behind Princes Street. I worked for a while in Edinburgh and loved the place. Have a great time….

So it starts , Kenwrong next

❌Chief Executive Officer, Denise Barrett-Baxendale.
❌Chief Finance and Strategy Officer, Grant Ingles.
❌Non-Executive Director, Graeme Sharp.
❓"A statement will be made about interim appointments and the future of the Chairman in the next 48 hours"

Everton Football Club today announces its Chief Executive Officer, Denise Barrett-Baxendale, Chief Finance and Strategy Officer Grant Ingles and Non-Executive Director Graeme Sharp have left their roles.

The outgoing Directors have worked tirelessly over recent months to assist with the preparation for a transition to a new Board. The Club is very appreciative of this generous accommodation, which is both characteristic of them, and entirely in the spirit of the best values of our club.

A statement from the departing Directors reads: “We have all been fully committed during our time here and are disappointed to have made the decision to leave Everton.

Will you make sure they are protected from the worst of the weather ,lots of stuff will grow , it is the lack of water and not the cold that kills them so fleeces in the winter .
They will have to be lifted late Autumn- dried out in a sack etc & kept alive by minimum water replant next year - Banana & Cannas definitely divide in Spring if in good condition in the spring ;)

Yep , Mrs J is on the case - all that time ogling at Monty Don will be put to good use Joey lol
Started off making Jewerly he & his wife .....sells for a fortune on eBay- also as a lad worked on a farm ...... His home made compost is awful too.....
I do watch his programme with my finger on the fast forwards .......
Never as good as Geoff Hamilton or even Alan Titmarsh - both parks trained Horticulturally........like myself .....

Once you hoist the sails you'll be fine H. Have a great time. No raiding the Scottish crown jewels now😀

❓"A statement will be made about interim appointments and the future of the Chairman in the next 48 hours"

Everton Football Club today announces its Chief Executive Officer, Denise Barrett-Baxendale, Chief Finance and Strategy Officer Grant Ingles and Non-Executive Director Graeme Sharp have left their roles.

The outgoing Directors have worked tirelessly over recent months to assist with the preparation for a transition to a new Board. The Club is very appreciative of this generous accommodation, which is both characteristic of them, and entirely in the spirit of the best values of our club.

A statement from the departing Directors reads: “We have all been fully committed during our time here and are disappointed to have made the decision to leave Everton.
Sounds like they resigned under duress, probably with a very nice little handshake

Excellent news, just waiting for Bill now and the club can move forward…..

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back