Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

It's an excuse for people (not to be stereotypical, but from experience mainly women and gay men) to have some brunch and then get sloshed.

My wife does them every so often: gets there at about 1pm, has breakfast, smashes loads of prosecco, goes somewhere else for cocktails and back by 7pm.

She enjoys, so you hope you've had a great time Anj. I'm off to get take the dog for the walk, with a stop at the Butchers on Booker.
Talking of stereotypical. Taking a dog to The Butchers😀

From out of nowhere, felt really sad the last 20 mins or so. I am sure @Barnfred 55 , and others get it.

So listened to this. I played it every evening while Nik was in hospital, but she banned me having it at her funeral, bless her. Every word is spot on.

Soz about me. Xx poppet.

I do get it mate. All too often and it always comes out of nowhere. Usually something totally benign kicks it off. Mine tend to be very brief these days

Enjoy. It's nice in there. I do remember when it was the butchers! We lived off Brodie Avenue in those days and Mum would always walk to that butcher to get her meat.
We went to the butchers years ago - I’m sure it was called Coopers, from recollection. The last owner was lovely too, who’d always have a pleasant chat.

In terms of the bar, they do a good selection of beers - including well kept cask - wine and spirits; the atmosphere is always nice too.

I had one and then carried on my walk up past Holt Field.

We went to the butchers years ago - I’m sure it was called Coopers, from recollection. The last owner was lovely too, who’d always have a pleasant chat.

In terms of the bar, they do a good selection of beers - including well kept cask - wine and spirits; the atmosphere is always nice too.

I had one and then carried on my walk up past Holt Field.
Nice walk. Yes it was definitely Coopers
I went in there when we were in Liverpool just after Christmas. Really liked it.

Good morning all on this lovely day here in Hyvinkää .I hope all are well and had a good night .Not much happening on the blues front .I bought an old Jag on an auction yesterday with a small electrical problem ,something tells me the seller's interpretation of small might differ from mine .The first time in my life I have had a spare car to work on that doesn't need to go today .This will be car No. 56 .Never had a Jag or a Merc so who knows what will happen .Have a great day allScreenshot 2023-06-12 at 7.11.49.webp

Good morning all on this lovely day here in Hyvinkää .I hope all are well and had a good night .Not much happening on the blues front .I bought an old Jag on an auction yesterday with a small electrical problem ,something tells me the seller's interpretation of small might differ from mine .The first time in my life I have had a spare car to work on that doesn't need to go today .This will be car No. 56 .Never had a Jag or a Merc so who knows what will happen .Have a great day allView attachment 213506
Quite the project to take on blue but great reward at the end of it mate.

Morning all, still warm and humid here. My anxiety, which I can normally keep a lid on has kicked in and I’m quite high up on the “Whatifometer”. I’ll be fine once I am actually seated on the train. Anyway taxi arrives soon so I’ll love you and leave you. Try to catch up with you all in the next few days. Look after yourselves and have a good day.💙

Morning all, still warm and humid here. My anxiety, which I can normally keep a lid on has kicked in and I’m quite high up on the “Whatifometer”. I’ll be fine once I am actually seated on the train. Anyway taxi arrives soon so I’ll love you and leave you. Try to catch up with you all in the next few days. Look after yourselves and have a good day.💙
Have a lovely time. It's a nice run to Edinburgh on the train. Very scenic. As you leave Durham have a look for a huge old house on the right of the viaduct. It looks like a stately home. That's the home of the Durham Miners Association- formerly Durham NUM.

Safe trip and great break.

Have a lovely time. It's a nice run to Edinburgh on the train. Very scenic. As you leave Durham have a look for a huge old house on the right of the viaduct. It looks like a stately home. That's the home of the Durham Miners Association- formerly Durham NUM.
Thanks Anj. I’ll look out for it. We thoughts about visiting last year but it was closed for refurbishment. I’ll give you a wave a we go past.

Good morning all on this lovely day here in Hyvinkää .I hope all are well and had a good night .Not much happening on the blues front .I bought an old Jag on an auction yesterday with a small electrical problem ,something tells me the seller's interpretation of small might differ from mine .The first time in my life I have had a spare car to work on that doesn't need to go today .This will be car No. 56 .Never had a Jag or a Merc so who knows what will happen .Have a great day allView attachment 213506
You finally got your Jag. They're nice looking cars the Baby Jags. Hope you have lots of fun with it.

Wow, it must be fantastic to be so practical that you aren't fazed by fixing a car. I wouldn't have a clue

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back