Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all. Non working day so dropped Mr F off at work, then back to bed with a coffee for a read of the news. Meeting a friend for lunch later. Mostly to hand over some supplies I liberated from the stationery cupboard in the office on Monday. It looks like we are going to accept the Govt pay offer. The main sticking point seems to be that the £1500 one off cost of living payment should be given to everyone and not pro-rated depending on how many hours you work - the argument being that cost of living affects everyone and is not related to hours worked.
I've also just read that Pat Cummins went to Villa Park to see Bruce on Friday after he had finished at Edgbaston. He's making it very hard for me not to like this particular Aussie skipper.🤣 I remember reading that he gave a substantial donation to help India fight COVID.
Weather seems OK here after yesterday's monsoon. At the moment I'm choosing another ridiculous acca. I did win £21 yesterday - so I'm £17 up.

Have a good day folks x
I had a winner and 2 ew places, so just about held my own.

On my Blue and Bear front, there are a couple running today, both in the same race. Blue for You, which I won won a few bob on in the past and has an each way chance, and Bear force One, which is an absolute donkey but I've had a very small ew bet on it just in case. Everton have a better chance of getting into europe next season. My current bff horse, Little Big Bear, is running Friday but will be a low priced favourite I would imagine.

@Joey66 What is this cotton wool stuff it is on an ornamental apple tree .View attachment 214793
It looks like mildew or a type of blight - spray with a copper base fungicide or a fungus spray look on e bay as shops are hard to get supply - Home Bargain used to do a rose fungicide spray that will do the job - a systemic fungicide is the best option - Its probably caused by the hot humid weather & will affect the growth of your tree - water it well at the roots - before spraying out of the sun - cloudy or early am ;)

Looks like we’re finally getting the repaired car back to day, but that means driving to drop off the hire car, then driving to the repairers to pick up ours. At least my wife will enjoy the journey…..

All cars back in their rightful place, and my son then said he preferred the hire car…ffs I can’t catch a break here……well he’s just going to have to get used to it again…..

Here are some pics. I was practicing my black & white photography during this shoot, but got a couple of extra pics. In this B/W pic, the peaks on the far right are around 8-9k feet tall.

23 Mar 2023 016BW.jpg

This pic I was lucky enough to get a few shots of this AF helicopter as it went by. The peaks with snow are also in the 8-9k foot levels.

22 Mar 2023 041.webp

For this pic, I was even luckier to get a few pics as this AF jet flew over me. lol

23 Mar 2023 023.JPG

Here are some pics. I was practicing my black & white photography during this shoot, but got a couple of extra pics. In this B/W pic, the peaks on the far right are around 8-9k feet tall.

View attachment 214806

This pic I was lucky enough to get a few shots of this AF helicopter as it went by. The peaks with snow are also in the 8-9k foot levels.

View attachment 214808

For this pic, I was even luckier to get a few pics as this AF jet flew over me. lol

View attachment 214807
Great pics.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back