Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all on this hot day already .I hope all had a good night and have a great day .Safe trip @Gwladysover . Shame how the memory goes I didn't realise Terry Thomas (barnfred) was so tall..Sad in one way that Tom Davies has decided to go but I am delighted as he is just too slow for this league.Continental football could suit him the clothes in Italy certainly will .COYB

See Tom has turned down the new contract. That should keep the regulars in the Everton thread happy for a day or 2. :) At least it will shut up all the ones accusing him of stealing a living and having no ambition to play. I always thought there was a good chance he wouldn't sign. Seems a good sort. tbf and this outcome is probably best for all parties and leaves the door open for one of the youth players to take his place in the squad.

However, our midfield line up could get interesting in January when the AFCON is on.
I'm pleasantly surprised ( for him) that he has. He needs to play even at a lower level

Good morning all. It's a lovely sunny day here. I am fully motivated for work today - probably because I have a very interesting, referral to do. So unusual that I have been asked to take it to a case conference later. There are some legal niceties to negotiate such as - can you cause harm to a dead person.
Anyway enough shop talk. I only had one winner at Ascot yesterday. A horse called Gregory- picked because that's my brother's name. This gambling is an exact science! Given that I have palpitations if I put more than £2 on a horse, the £5 I had on Gregory ( as encouraged by the human version) was very stressful🤣.
I hope your daughter has fun @Joey66 .I like the idea of glamping. Have you decided what to do with the Jag yet @blue1948 ? And don't work too hard @jazzy .
In other news we went to Tesco last night at about 4.45. So much reduced stuff! And properly reduced- not just a few pence off. I now have a freezer full of bread and sausages. We could be eating hot dogs for a while!
Have a great day x
Intrigued by this Anj- how did the scenario turn out?

Morning everyone,

Blue usually poses the question "I hoped you all slept well" and for once I can say -yes I did , I was dead to the world after my exertions of yesterday.

@Armaghtoffee not raining here yet but forecasted for later.

So, housework for mum and us this morning. Then off furniture shopping as Mrs J is fed up with my 500 or so jazz CDs on the bookcase in the Orangery ( dead posh aren't we - it's a big conservatory really) and despite my hifi is located in there I've been ordered to take them upstairs to my study. She wants an ercol display unit and coffee table to replace. Oh well as Arthur Mullard , one for the older posters , said "yes my dear".

I promised her a pizza on the way home before we settle down to watch Glasto.

Delighted that good weather is forecast for tomorrow as a very good friend has organized a festival in his garden ( it's almost as big as ours ) with 3 bands , 2 DJs , food and loads of other stuff for kids. PettsFest as it's called us hoping to raise an amazing £10k for cancer research. So that's tomorrow sorted I just hope that I don't win the signed Liverpool shirt or even the French wine that I donated to the raffle. The 50" TV would be good though!

Anyway have a lovely day everyone.

Morning all. Cloudy and overcast here. Our IT system is not working today - you get right to the end of the log in process and then it says unable to connect to any servers. Everyone is affected. It is a piece of garbage. Time for a brew and some breakfast I think.
Mr F and I are going out tonight to the village hall. Where we live was once a pit village so has a strong mining connection. In honour of that and Pride month, there is a screening of the film Pride - a true story about how the LGBT community in South Wales came together with the miners during the strike. Should be good. Also, the bar will be open.
I'm hoping to do overtime tomorrow but who knows with the current state of our IT.
Your festival sounds fun @jazzy.
I hope Tom Davies gets a move that allows him to play on a regular basis. He's a good lad and I always think he has tried his hardest for us.

Morning all, hope you're all good today. It is raining here, still muggy though.

Don't think I'll be watching Glasto, not going to lie I think the line up is shockingly bad this year, a 70's and 80's revival it looks like. So many new bands could do with the exposure, as soon as I heard Elton John and Guns and Roses(who i like but are shocking live these days) and a few others, I just don't think there's anything I'm interested in.

Other than that, not up to much, got a bit of a headache today.

Hav4 a good one.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back