Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Had a really nice lunch. Went for a lovely drive down to the Lizard peninsular. Stopped off at Gere Farm to get a couple of pasties (Blue knows it well) then went to Coverack to eat them (also the same place as I took Blue) Then had a pint in the Coverack pub, stopped off at Roskilly farm n the way back for an ice cream, and got home just in time for Ascot. Weather has been lovely which is great as I think it had been cloudy here. There were plenty of admirers of my neighbour's E-Type convertible too H;)

Well I know a few of you are dealing with this at the moment as well, everything seems to be going ok with my dad he's had a few adult service visits and they think he needs residential housing, fingers crossed sooner than later for my sisters sake although she's dealing with it well bless her.

I didn't know they did a financial check, apparently if you have over £26,000 they take it off you for costs, crazy.

My dad asked for some books so took him some but not sure if he's reading them or not. I gave him some I know he's read trying to stay familiar. He is deteriorating though it's a bit awful even though I can't stand the bloke, it's not nice to see.

So sorry for you, your sister and your dad. As Fred has said and you have indicated about your dad, if he doesn’t have the money then the council have to take care of him. You and your sister will have no financial contribution to make, so that’s one less worry. You’ve obviously got more to be dealing with anyway so the sooner the council take control the better…take care….

So sorry for you, your sister and your dad. As Fred has said and you have indicated about your dad, if he doesn’t have the money then the council have to take care of him. You and your sister will have no financial contribution to make, so that’s one less worry. You’ve obviously got more to be dealing with anyway so the sooner the council take control the better…take care….
@Terrarian Be warned about social services - nothing verbal - get in touch with age concern as the funding package needs to be in writing e mail etc of the full cost extras in a home etc - My mother in law who was in Hospital 14 months after they let her fall & broke her hip which never healed - My wife got an advocate from age concern in a meeting as witness etc - also ask does your does her father qualify for NHS Continuous health care? Which the care package is free....

Social Services verbal is not worth the paper it is not written on - telephone Age Concern - as with my wife they just kept moving the goalpost in 5 meetings .....by then she sadly passed away - only 5 weeks after they said she was fit to leave hospital ...... a home costing over a grand - also ask the home about extras as they will add them in a form of Top-ups on if its only verbal - ;)

@Terrarian Be warned about social services - nothing verbal - get in touch with age concern as the funding package needs to be in writing e mail etc of the full cost extras in a home etc - My mother in law who was in Hospital 14 months after they let her fall & broke her hip which never healed - My wife got an advocate from age concern in a meeting as witness etc - also ask does your does her father qualify for NHS Continuous health care? Which the care package is free....

Social Services verbal is not worth the paper it is not written on - telephone Age Concern - as with my wife they just kept moving the goalpost in 5 meetings .....by then she sadly passed away - only 5 weeks after they said she was fit to leave hospital ...... a home costing over a grand - also ask the home about extras as they will add them in a form of Top-ups on if its only verbal - ;)
Thanks Joey and Pete, thankfully for me, my sister is the one dealing with it all, I'm just her support network. It is going much smoother than we anticipated to be honest but still early days. I'll mention age concern to her, then it is always there if needed.

Thanks Joey and Pete, thankfully for me, my sister is the one dealing with it all, I'm just her support network. It is going much smoother than we anticipated to be honest but still early days. I'll mention age concern to her, then it is always there if needed.

The group is called Age U.K. ….here’s its website

Morning everyone ,

Well that was a nice start to the day with Brett taliking about a menage a trois - ahem , moving on.

Gorgeous today and extra help arriving to move the monster pavings to enable me to get on with the jungle. Gravel and topsoil arriving today as well so I will be far too busy ( and tired ) for the gym!

Thunderstorms forecast for Nottingham which is a bit of a shame for the Women's Ashes but I fear another loss regardless.

Hope that Fred and Anj haven't lost too much money on the Gee Gees at Ascot .

Love the photos @Vegas Toffee Girl , lovely to see you posting on here again.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Thank you @jazzy !

I've been really busy catching up on stuff, but I check the forum daily to see if Jabba the Hutt has left yet!! LEAVE ALREADY!!!!

I haven't been logging in tho, so I need to do that!! Sorry everyone!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back