Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Looking forward to a lovely day tomorrow. It is Mums 88th, and Bro is coming up from Cornwall, (Sis cant make it), so the two of us will take her for a slow stroll round the Marina where she lives, followed by a fish and chip lunch looking at the boats.

Or the other way round. Matters not. Mum will absolutely love having her boys taking her out. Cant recall us ever doing it before. (As in, no Sis or Dad, just me and Chris).

Simple things innit?
Hope you get the weather for it mate, it sounds delightful.

Supposed to be sound mate. Were you surprised at the Portishead Marina?
It’s beautiful mate. More a ‘wow’ reaction than anything.

To me that’s one of those breathtaking holiday snaps you see but your Mum lives there mate! She’s a lucky lady for that nevermind you two boys taking her out for lunch.

Blowing a gale here and driving rain. I fly tomorrow and hoping that wind drops!!

It’s beautiful mate. More a ‘wow’ reaction than anything.

To me that’s one of those breathtaking holiday snaps you see but your Mum lives there mate! She’s a lucky lady for that nevermind you two boys taking her out for lunch.

Blowing a gale here and driving rain. I fly tomorrow and hoping that wind drops!!

I remember when it was a derelict and poisoned ex dock. I regularly have a stroll around it; it is a brilliant development.

Similar to Liverpool and the Albert Dock then.

Are the restaurants as expensive as I expect?

Is Albert Dock residential?

The Italian that we used to go to quite often was fairly reasonable, and has a fantastic view. Pretty sure @Barnfred 55 and Cal visited it a while back. Other than Bottelinos, (the Italian) there are not any restaurants; a pub, bakery, coffee place, (obvs), and a Coop. Plus some temporary food outlets, bacon sarnies and Turkish food for some reason.

Is Albert Dock residential?

The Italian that we used to go to quite often was fairly reasonable, and has a fantastic view. Pretty sure @Barnfred 55 and Cal visited it a while back. Other than Bottelinos, (the Italian) there are not any restaurants; a pub, bakery, coffee place, (obvs), and a Coop. Plus some temporary food outlets, bacon sarnies and Turkish food for some reason.
There are some flats at Albert Dock I think? Callum McManaman lived there I believe.

Sounds like a good mix alright that.

Looking forward to a lovely day tomorrow. It is Mums 88th, and Bro is coming up from Cornwall, (Sis cant make it), so the two of us will take her for a slow stroll round the Marina where she lives, followed by a fish and chip lunch looking at the boats.

Or the other way round. Matters not. Mum will absolutely love having her boys taking her out. Cant recall us ever doing it before. (As in, no Sis or Dad, just me and Chris).

Simple things innit?
Happy birthday Roydo's Mum. I hope you have a really nice day. Mums and sons, fish and chips. Lovely

Happy birthday Roydo's Mum. I hope you have a really nice day. Mums and sons, fish and chips. Lovely

Just sounds ace doesnt it? Mum will have her supper in her lovely flat, watch some wallpaper telly, have a GnT, then snuggle up to sleep knowing Me and Chris will be with her tomorrow.

And bless her cottons, she would have told every one she knows that "Mark and Chris are taking me out for lunch tomorrow"

Hi folks. I eventually got an appointment at the dentist. The problem was that the ancient filling in my tooth had broken leaving a screw exposed. Apparently back in the day dentists would put a screw in the tooth to stabilise the filling. And that was what was scratching my tongue. The dentist - call me Ollie - looked about 12! I now have a temporary filling.

Just sounds ace doesnt it? Mum will have her supper in her lovely flat, watch some wallpaper telly, have a GnT, then snuggle up to sleep knowing Me and Chris will be with her tomorrow.

And bless her cottons, she would have told every one she knows that "Mark and Chris are taking me out for lunch tomorrow"
I bet she has. She'll be really excited.

Many happy returns to your Mum tomorrow, hope she has a lovely day.💐💐. Her boys, fish and chip lunch sounds perfect.
I play a form of golf at Arrowe Park on Tuesdays. This week I thought that as I had not had breakfast I would go and get fish and chips at New Brighton and walk around to see the new gaffe from across the river. None of the traditional outlets took cards, which seemed ridiculous when they were charging close to £8 for a takeaway. No ATMs in the area either. Whinge over. Ground looked brilliant

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back