Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hi folks. I eventually got an appointment at the dentist. The problem was that the ancient filling in my tooth had broken leaving a screw exposed. Apparently back in the day dentists would put a screw in the tooth to stabilise the filling. And that was what was scratching my tongue. The dentist - call me Ollie - looked about 12! I now have a temporary filling.
Sounds like "it's another fine mess " that Ollie got you into.
One for the much older readers.

Looking forward to a lovely day tomorrow. It is Mums 88th, and Bro is coming up from Cornwall, (Sis cant make it), so the two of us will take her for a slow stroll round the Marina where she lives, followed by a fish and chip lunch looking at the boats.

Or the other way round. Matters not. Mum will absolutely love having her boys taking her out. Cant recall us ever doing it before. (As in, no Sis or Dad, just me and Chris).

Simple things innit?
Enjoy mate

Looking forward to a lovely day tomorrow. It is Mums 88th, and Bro is coming up from Cornwall, (Sis cant make it), so the two of us will take her for a slow stroll round the Marina where she lives, followed by a fish and chip lunch looking at the boats.

Or the other way round. Matters not. Mum will absolutely love having her boys taking her out. Cant recall us ever doing it before. (As in, no Sis or Dad, just me and Chris).

Simple things innit?

She will have a great time and I wish you all the very best for the day….top tip, don’t get her drunk and singing songs……..’on mother Kelly’s doorstep down paradise way……’…..

Just sounds ace doesnt it? Mum will have her supper in her lovely flat, watch some wallpaper telly, have a GnT, then snuggle up to sleep knowing Me and Chris will be with her tomorrow.

And bless her cottons, she would have told every one she knows that "Mark and Chris are taking me out for lunch tomorrow"

Mums love telling people about what their kids are doing for her. I had a Swiss style mezzanine house built into a hill on four floors where my mum had her completely separate own apartment in the ground floor and we lived above, she loved it, we loved it. It was the happiest time of my life tbh. It probably kept her alive for another ten years……

Good morning all on this sunny clear day here in Finland .I hope all wake afresh for the new day after a wonderful slumber . Nothing much happening here just changing the sparkplugs on the hard side of the Jag ( two hours for the Jag mehanics !) and burning some tree waste . We are rewatching "World on fire "series and there is a snidey woman called Frau Klopp ,I wonder if that is his mother ?? .Have a great day all COYB .
P.S. What is happening with the left back wonderkid ? Surely we should be sorting that out .

Good morning all on this sunny clear day here in Finland .I hope all wake afresh for the new day after a wonderful slumber . Nothing much happening here just changing the sparkplugs on the hard side of the Jag ( two hours for the Jag mehanics !) and burning some tree waste . We are rewatching "World on fire "series and there is a snidey woman called Frau Klopp ,I wonder if that is his mother ?? .Have a great day all COYB .
P.S. What is happening with the left back wonderkid ? Surely we should be sorting that out .
Series two starts on BBC on Sunday. Surely Frau Klopp can’t be coincidence.

Morning everyone,

Spent a couple of hours replenishing the gravel in mum's Mediterranean garden and now "relaxing" in the sun watching the cricket. Problem is we are so crap that it's not that relaxing lol .

Some sun today to recharge the batteries and then me and Mrs J off for an early evening curry.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Morning everyone,

Spent a couple of hours replenishing the gravel in mum's Mediterranean garden and now "relaxing" in the sun watching the cricket. Problem is we are so crap that it's not that relaxing lol .

Some sun today to recharge the batteries and then me and Mrs J off for an early evening curry.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Omg I can’t garden
My tiny tiny Mediterranean garden looks like a graveyard … I expect Voldemort to pop out from behind my dead olive tree any moment

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back