Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good afternoon folks. I knocked off early for two reasons 1) because I can - The flexi time is in a healthy position. I'm rarely in cred, I usually hover around 3 hours down. I'd hate to die in credit but at the moment I'm about an hour up. 2) Too much stuff to watch. I was flipping between Le Tour and The Ashes. Mark Cavendish was so close to winning the stage. As for the cricket, fascinating stuff but how can you be in innings 3 on day 2?!
It's a gorgeous evening here, hope you are all having a chilled out Friday and that @roydo his Mum and brother have had a special day.

Good afternoon folks. I knocked off early for two reasons 1) because I can - The flexi time is in a healthy position. I'm rarely in cred, I usually hover around 3 hours down. I'd hate to die in credit but at the moment I'm about an hour up. 2) Too much stuff to watch. I was flipping between Le Tour and The Ashes. Mark Cavendish was so close to winning the stage. As for the cricket, fascinating stuff but how can you be in innings 3 on day 2?!
It's a gorgeous evening here, hope you are all having a chilled out Friday and that @roydo his Mum and brother have had a special day.

We had a smashing time Anje, thanks. As I expected, Mum loved having time with her sons, without wives and kids etc etc. Window seat overlooking the Marina I showed you all yesterday, fish & chips, it is probably the first time we have done it, was fab. Probably the longest conversation I have with bro for decades. Other than visiting Mum a couple of times, he has never really seen the Marina, and was so pleased that Mum has such a lovely place to spend her dotage in.

We had a smashing time Anje, thanks. As I expected, Mum loved having time with her sons, without wives and kids etc etc. Window seat overlooking the Marina I showed you all yesterday, fish & chips, it is probably the first time we have done it, was fab. Probably the longest conversation I have with bro for decades. Other than visiting Mum a couple of times, he has never really seen the Marina, and was so pleased that Mum has such a lovely place to spend her dotage in.
That's great. I'm really happy you had such a nice time. As you often say, it's the simple things.

Did you introduce mushy peas?

Tends to be the mood changer

Sounds like your Mum had the best day. Inspired by your post we went out for fish and chips too. IMG_1257.webp

Did you introduce mushy peas?

Tends to be the mood changer

Oh we had the choice of mushy or garden. I had scampi so went with garden. Chris and Mum had mushy with their fish.

Seriously, if any of you happen to be in the Bristol area any time soon, an afternoon trip to little old Portishead will not disappoint. If you have kids/grandkids with you, there is even a crabbing platform on the water which is an absolute magnet while you enjoy a drink watching them.

You may be lucky and get to see the massive lock empty or fill so boats can do their thing.

I am a bit biased, but you can easily waste a day here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back