Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Like Fred I have had to take some time to reflect and compose myself before posting a lasting message.

Karl , It is hard to over estimate the effect that you have had on so many people.

Since your searingly honest message in September telling us of your condition you have inspired and brought together people who have never met you or each other.

With every message of hope and courage that you posted more and more people were in awe of you and you and they became intertwined in each others lives , even those like myself who only heard of your situation relatively recently.

To say that you have become an inspiration and light for others understates your influence , but it is true nonetheless.

What seemed important and was a source of worry a few months ago now becomes meaningless and trivial in the light of your bravery.

I never met you mate , I wish we could have shared a beer and watched a game together but , well what can I say .

I know that even though you are no longer with us in body , you will continue to be a source of inspiration.

I hope that this thread continues as a source of kindness and friendship to all those whose lives you have touched.

Rest in peace Messy.

No more suffering mate, thank you for giving us your time and sharing with us your brave journey.

Karl, you will always be @messymascot on here, and I'm sure all of your friends would like to keep this thread and it's shared nonsense we all love alive in your memory.

RIP Karl.
I'm so glad you brought this up LT. I wanted to do so myself but didn't want to appear selfish.

Whether it was intentional or not, Karl did bring together a bunch of like minded Evertonians. The people who frequent this thread are absolutely brilliant and, as somebody once said, it is just like having a coffee morning. Even though we have never met, or even spoken, I have come to think of you all as my friends. From a personal point of view, posting in here keeps me sane sometimes, and I really don't think I could have got through the past few months without the support of my friends in here. But I also truly believe Karl would have wanted us to keep this thread going in his memory and I think doing so would be a fitting tribute to him.

I fully intend to continue posting in here and I hope you are all of the same mind.

I'm so glad you brought this up LT. I wanted to do so myself but didn't want to appear selfish.

Whether it was intentional or not, Karl did bring together a bunch of like minded Evertonians. The people who frequent this thread are absolutely brilliant and, as somebody once said, it is just like having a coffee morning. Even though we have never met, or even spoken, I have come to think of you all as my friends. From a personal point of view, posting in here keeps me sane sometimes, and I really don't think I could have got through the past few months without the support of my friends in here. But I also truly believe Karl would have wanted us to keep this thread going in his memory and I think doing so would be a fitting tribute to him.

I fully intend to continue posting in here and I hope you are all of the same mind.
I think you express that really well Fred . For my own reasons I’ve struggled to come in here lately , well to post, but I’ve read it daily and its a wonderful thread .

Like Fred I have had to take some time to reflect and compose myself before posting a lasting message.

Karl , It is hard to over estimate the effect that you have had on so many people.

Since your searingly honest message in September telling us of your condition you have inspired and brought together people who have never met you or each other.

With every message of hope and courage that you posted more and more people were in awe of you and you and they became intertwined in each others lives , even those like myself who only heard of your situation relatively recently.

To say that you have become an inspiration and light for others understates your influence , but it is true nonetheless.

What seemed important and was a source of worry a few months ago now becomes meaningless and trivial in the light of your bravery.

I never met you mate , I wish we could have shared a beer and watched a game together but , well what can I say .

I know that even though you are no longer with us in body , you will continue to be a source of inspiration.

I hope that this thread continues as a source of kindness and friendship to all those whose lives you have touched.

Rest in peace Messy.
Beautiful mate.

Rest in peace Messy.
Nicely put Jazzy.

Well said Fred.

Totally agree with everything you've said.

We should all be here for each other.

Rip Karl - I'm so sad that you're gone but happy you are no longer in pain. My condolences to your family and friends at this sad time.

I can't put it as eloquently as other have here, but to say you were an inspiration is an understatement.

I will truly miss what you brought to this place, you were a great poster and bluenose and your positivity shone through every post.

Also, the way you have helped others to deal with many different things, probably without you realising it, is so special mate.

I'll keep posting in here, its an uplifting place because of you Karl, and I'm proud to call myself a messketeer.

Much love to you all messketeers and God bless Karl - UTFT.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back